Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help ID'ing a part

Hello, im not sure where to post this so im just putting it in general.

While driving through some pretty nasty wet snow and slush, i damaged some panels under my fiesta. They were black, semi flexable, plastic or fiberglass...

It seems simular to the sound deadening material they use under the engine hood. When i went to my dealership and asked them about ordering replacments, they had no clue what i was talking about.

I lack the equipment to get up under my car right now, so ill start if any of you may know what they are.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I've always called them underbody aero panels, unsure what the actual name is. I cannot find them anywhere in the service manual nor on Tasca parts website. The ones on my car are quite trashed as well. They are probably repairable with a fiberglass kit, or go to a wrecking yard and see if you can find some to salvage.

Edit: it might be called a "splash shield", green part here:
1722533818858.png
&

1722533909433.png

Last edited:

WannabeST

If it's similar to what is under the hood, the only thing I can imagine is fender liner. Fender liner shouldn't require you to jack up the car to check. If it isn't fender liner I honestly wouldn't know either

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
I've always called them underbody aero panels, unsure what the actual name is. I cannot find them anywhere in the service manual nor on Tasca parts website. The ones on my car are quite trashed as well. They are probably repairable with a fiberglass kit, or go to a wrecking yard and see if you can find some to salvage.
Awsome! Thank you so much. This at least gives me a starting point. I guess my next question would be, how important are they? Do they do much, or am i just as good to ignore it?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I think they help prevent noise from rocks/debris from the road hitting the underbody making noise, prevent paint damage/rust, might also protect things like brake lines and the like. See my edited post above, I think I tracked down the part numbers, which are directly look-up-able on tasca or take them to your dealer for them to cross reference.

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
I think they help prevent noise from rocks/debris from the road hitting the underbody making noise, prevent paint damage/rust, might also protect things like brake lines and the like. See my edited post above, I think I tracked down the part numbers, which are directly look-up-able on tasca or take them to your dealer for them to cross reference.
You are a life saver! Thank you so much for this! Not digging the price but if that is indeed the part then ill just replace one at a time.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For those prices, you are almost better off finding some of the kevlar sheet material that all of the rally car builders use to install in those areas instead. [wink]