Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My X48R turbo is too loud with my current intake...

Hi fellas,

So I have a stage 3 mk7.5 ST2 with the x48r from Prumaspeed and their R-sport intake, GVB DV+ BOV along many other mods but really my issue since installing the turbo is that whislting sound that is absolutely insane. It's like your car is having some kind of scream/whistle sound out of the actual hell. It's also especially annoying in the motorway if you have passengers. Anyways, I still have the OEM tubing from the intake to the turbo so the intake sound should be tamed a bit more than with aftermarket crossovers/etc... (from what my mecanic told me). I did some research and I was wondering how much getting a ST200 airbox would both reduce the intake noise and/or the performances ?

Thanks comrades,
Michael

I have an X47 and a Mountune intake, which I think is based on the ST200 intake. The whistling is still audible but a lot better than with an open filter.

It definitely feels like something Pumapseed should mention on the product page, as it’s pretty annoying.

I think you’re right. I looked at the fiche and it’s the same as far as I can tell.

St200 air box will reduce noise and power. With a larger than stock turbo car less restriction is best. The turbo whistle is like music to my ears. Comes with the territory of a free flowing exhaust and intake. If all out performance is not your goal then by all means choke it up.

OP
Fiestastix
Thread Starter #8
I finally got my hands on a ST200 intake and it reduces the whistles by about 80%. As much as I love good turbo/intake/BOV sound in general, there is one thing that I discovered; the less abnoxious the sound is, the less I feel like disturbing the piece when pushing in a bit in the street. Anyways, I loooove my exhaust note so it's all good, thanks again for the advice !