Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mods....help

I'm new to the forum. Looking to mod my Mk8 ST and could do with some help as i have no idea where to start

I'm thinking

Stage 1 remap
Engine torque mount
Short shifter
Footwell lights
Indicator lights

I have next to zero knowledge on modding so any advice would be much appreciated

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm new to the forum. Looking to mod my Mk8 ST and could do with some help as i have no idea where to start

I'm thinking

Stage 1 remap
Engine torque mount
Short shifter
Footwell lights
Indicator lights

I have next to zero knowledge on modding so any advice would be much appreciated
Across the pond in NA we never got the mk8* A lot of us don't know too much about the platform as its a 180 from the mk7-7.5 we got. Pumaspeed might be the better options out there for products and advice. We can try with limited knowledge though. [driving]

OP
Neilj82
Thread Starter #3
Across the pond in NA we never got the mk8* A lot of us don't know too much about the platform as its a 180 from the mk7-7.5 we got. Pumaspeed might be the better options out there for products and advice. We can try with limited knowledge though. [driving]
Cheers mate. I've been looking on Pumaspeed website and that's the remap I'm thinking of getting. Up to 255bhp according to the website. It's all the other mods really that I need to really consider. Already got a K&N filter but haven't noticed much difference

Obligatory question is, what are you looking to get from modding the car? Handling, power, something else? To what degree? That will likely determine the answer to your original question.

OP
Neilj82
Thread Starter #5
Obligatory question is, what are you looking to get from modding the car? Handling, power, something else? To what degree? That will likely determine the answer to your original question.
Hi, a bit of everything really. Better acceleration, smoother ride. I don't want to mod it and ruin it

Sam4

send money. We'll figure it out and get back to you. Actually we all watch the flooded ford (pun intended) crossings in a quaint english villages video's so I would say handling would be your first step! Koni and Bilstein surely have listings for spares - struts, springs and such. Poly bushings have much better and complete catalogue listings on your side of the pond. I even heard someone say ' Quinton Hazell' on here the other day....new dip stick!

OP
Neilj82
Thread Starter #7
send money. We'll figure it out and get back to you. Actually we all watch the flooded ford (pun intended) crossings in a quaint english villages video's so I would say handling would be your first step! Koni and Bilstein surely have listings for spares - struts, springs and such. Poly bushings have much better and complete catalogue listings on your side of the pond. I even heard someone say ' Quinton Hazell' on here the other day....new dip stick!
Thanks...I think

Hi, a bit of everything really. Better acceleration, smoother ride. I don't want to mod it and ruin it
I'm with you on "not ruining it", these cars are already pretty perfect.

For suspension, I'm personally salivating over Ford performance coilovers that we don't get over here (I think they come with one of the special Mk8 editions too). They're KW v3s that were redone according to Ford specs for linear springs, see discussion in https://www.fiestastoc.com/threads/coilover-suspension-kit-s.322245/. That being said, I think stock suspension for Mk7 is one of the best street options for the car and I'm guessing Mk8 is in the same situation. Either way, don't lower it if possible; it's already as low as it needs to be from the factory (at least Mk7 but I'm guessing Mk8 especially), see discussion here https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/page-4#post-502700

For everything else, I would get whatever is Mountune's equivalent of MP215 kit for Mk7. Its a nice "Stock+" that doesn't change the car's character and keeps the warranty. They also offer a short shifter but I never neded up getting that because my transmission is already notchy and I worry about making it worse.

I'd leave all of the bushings as they are. I heard poly ones feel nice at first but they age less gracefully than rubber ones and they add to NVH.

I would stay away from aftermarket exhausts, especially since Mk8 is already nice and burbly.

In conclusion, don't know what Mk8 edition you have but if you insist on modding it, I would look at some of the "special editions" that came with nicer parts and try to build towards that.

OP
Neilj82
Thread Starter #10
I'm with you on "not ruining it", these cars are already pretty perfect.

For suspension, I'm personally salivating over Ford performance coilovers that we don't get over here (I think they come with one of the special Mk8 editions too). They're KW v3s that were redone according to Ford specs for linear springs, see discussion in https://www.fiestastoc.com/threads/coilover-suspension-kit-s.322245/. That being said, I think stock suspension for Mk7 is one of the best street options for the car and I'm guessing Mk8 is in the same situation. Either way, don't lower it if possible; it's already as low as it needs to be from the factory (at least Mk7 but I'm guessing Mk8 especially), see discussion here https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/feisty-the-family-car.30825/page-4#post-502700

For everything else, I would get whatever is Mountune's equivalent of MP215 kit for Mk7. Its a nice "Stock+" that doesn't change the car's character and keeps the warranty. They also offer a short shifter but I never neded up getting that because my transmission is already notchy and I worry about making it worse.

I'd leave all of the bushings as they are. I heard poly ones feel nice at first but they age less gracefully than rubber ones and they add to NVH.

I would stay away from aftermarket exhausts, especially since Mk8 is already nice and burbly.

In conclusion, don't know what Mk8 edition you have but if you insist on modding it, I would look at some of the "special editions" that came with nicer parts and try to build towards that.
I have an ST3 mk8 (2019)

Thanks for your reply, there's certainly a lot to take in from all that.

I don't know why I've all of a sudden got the bug to do the car up as I've never been a petrol head. I previously had the 1ltr EcoBoost and now the upgrade to the Fiesta ST3.

Midlife crisis perhaps lol

Sam4

Do some searches on this site - a fellow traveler re-did the motor reading a repair manual, great pictures and step-by-step. This site is full of great info!