Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfiring at 3000rpm

Hi everyone,
I need some help with my ford fiesta ST180, every time I put my foot flat on my gas pedal as I get above 2900 - 3500 rpm my car starts to jerk and misfire.
I did do a obd scan it said my maf sensor so I changed that and it still doing it and well I scanned it reading my fuel pressure was reading 21 bar (2100kpa) is that correct?

I am not sure about your fuel pressure. In other cars whenever I have had an rpm specific issue, it was either a bad throttle position sensor or the coils for the spark plugs.

It should call out a cylinder. If it’s all of them missing, it’s something like the MAFS like it called out. If it gives you a code for a misfire count on cylinder ____, swap the coil pack from that cylinder to another and see if the failure follows. If it does, you have your answer. If not, check the plug.

Do you use an oiled filter? There’s some debate, but many believe that the oil gets pulled through and down the intake tract, coating sensitive electronics like the MAFS.

More info would be helpful. Is it only at WOT? Other mods, maybe some done recently? Who’s your tuner?