Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season - Backorder and Production Schedule

I wanted to share some information with the community. I recently purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons from TireRack, which had an expected stocking date in August. They emailed me yesterday to say they did not have an expected stocking date and recommending I cancel my order.

I was working through a warranty with Michelin on these tires, so I figured I'd ask if they had any insight on production and they responded with the below:

1721824955869.png

In case the picture gets removed, they basically say there is a backorder at Michelin of 600 units of the tire in the size 205/40/17 and they have no plans for production in the next 4 weeks. They are allowing me to use the warranty on a non-Michelin tire, so I'm not hopeful for production any time soon.

I know our options on All Seasons are running pretty low, so this isn't great news unless it means the 5 AS is coming sooner than expected.

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Update ? If you can apply the warranty to the 5S, is there any reason to object ? I would think the 5 would be a better tire.

Edit: My bad, wrong size. Still no inventory.

1724971503067.png

Our Ford authorized suppliers show inventory. You located anywhere in SoCal?

1724971181851.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Those tires are JUNK* get pilot sport 5s and a dedicated winter set* or if you can Roll the Pilot sport 5s all year round

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
At my local Discount Tire, tried to order a set of PS5 205x40x17. Only 4 available in the whole country, dealer did not think he could get them transferred for me. Official status is “backordered”, apparently the typical Michelin BS reported by others earlier.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
At my local Discount Tire, tried to order a set of PS5 205x40x17. Only 4 available in the whole country, dealer did not think he could get them transferred for me. Official status is “backordered”, apparently the typical Michelin BS reported by others earlier.
Walked into Sams Club and ordered mine a couple weeks ago. Showed up in 3 business days. Brought them into Discount tire t o get them installed because Sam's clubs hoists were down. Discount told me these were now available readily for order. Not Just 4 in stock in the entire country. That's weird!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ironically, Discount Tire bought out Tire Rack, which is now their exclusive online sales source, as Discount Tire Direct no longer exists.

Tire Rack does not even know that the PS5 even exists in our OEM size, let alone when they would ever be available.

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
guess I’ll be buying a membership to my local Sam’s Club !