Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MAPerformance Catback

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy a Thermal R&D * Best exhaust out there. Many will vouch for this. Get it ceramic coated also it will help it keep its beauty along with dissipate heat.

Sam4

I got the MAP from Woosh, and am reasonably happy. I wasn't looking for drone or soup can, so after (10-11K) I'm finally used to noise. I doubt any upgrade exhaust won't be similar. oh....and price point! Forgot to mention woosh catted down pipe, may have something to do with noise....

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I got the MAP from Woosh, and am reasonably happy. I wasn't looking for drone or soup can, so after (10-11K) I'm finally used to noise. I doubt any upgrade exhaust won't be similar. oh....and price point! Forgot to mention woosh catted down pipe, may have something to do with noise....
Call me crazy but I swear my exhaust is louder with the catted downpipe versus catless.

Sam4

Call me crazy but I swear my exhaust is louder with the catted downpipe versus catless.
I dont have the experience, but I'll call you crazy anyway! I did read a comment regarding hangers - insulators. Instead of poly which distributes the vibration, use rubber - 'dampner'. Going to see if it will make a drone difference.

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
With a catless Downpipe and a non-resonated Catback like the Cobb, can we hear the turbo whistle at idle ?!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I dont have the experience, but I'll call you crazy anyway! I did read a comment regarding hangers - insulators. Instead of poly which distributes the vibration, use rubber - 'dampner'. Going to see if it will make a drone difference.
Sounds like a solid experiment. Let us know!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been running the MAP exhaust with the stock DP since 2016. The one caveat is when it rains it drones a shit ton from 3100 to 3300 rpm. Just that tiny window. So I've gotten used to short shifting in the rain which isn't a bad thing anyway. Otherwise, I love the sound and get complements about all the time. It sounds raspy and deep at the same time somehow. And the low-speed parking lot burbles are delicious.

I work on my own car so I'm under it a few times a year and it's held up fine through 8 salty northeast winters. The tips are crusty and black as night tho! I gave up on cleaning them years ago lol Lmk if you want a pic

OP
O
Thread Starter #10
I Read a lot of feedbacks. I think imma pull the trigger on the Cobb ! Should sounds good with my catless Downpipe!!

Last edited:

Sam4

I've been running the MAP exhaust with the stock DP since 2016. The one caveat is when it rains it drones a shit ton from 3100 to 3300 rpm. Just that tiny window. So I've gotten used to short shifting in the rain which isn't a bad thing anyway. Otherwise, I love the sound and get complements about all the time. It sounds raspy and deep at the same time somehow. And the low-speed parking lot burbles are delicious.

I work on my own car so I'm under it a few times a year and it's held up fine through 8 salty northeast winters. The tips are crusty and black as night tho! I gave up on cleaning them years ago lol Lmk if you want a pic
I thought I was crazy!!! Its the fuckin RAIN?? I've crawled under there trying to figure out what moved...thankfully NE drought conditions.