Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lower arm bushes

Hey guys
One of my lower arm bushes are worn so gonna do both sides

Not a fan of standard rubber bushings and superpro have horrible reviews

My worry is these are acaster adjustable

Have no idea how to set these up
Would like the standard ford recommendations really

Is my only option for fitting myself to get the rubber bushings?

Thankyou

Superpro bushings are fine and have been working well for me, it’s the balljoint boots that have cracked on me.

Caster bushings are installed with the hole shifted towards the centerline of the car. Essentially, you want the rear attachment on the arm “pushed out”, which rotates the hub/balljoint forward in relation to the strut top, which gives the increased caster.

Everyone has their own mixed experiences with bushing brands on various cars, my previous experience has been Superpro > Whiteline > Powerflex.

My ding against Powerflex is they tend to make plain solid bushings with little thought towards which direction the bushing has to flex in service vs which directions it has to be stiff. For example, the rear control arm bushing relies on bushing flex for the control arm to move up and down, which is common, and the power flex has a large metal section with only a small polyurethane section, leaving not enough material to flex properly, especially in the caster version

Also in the case of the rear control arm bushing, not fitting properly.