Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Low Boost / No Power

Matt_Powell

Active Duty U.S. Marine
It started about 2 weeks ago. I was just out for a drive with a buddy to grab his car some parts when I noticed really low power and the car making 3psi at 2500rpm and up to 10psi at about 5500rpm. When it builds boost there is still a small whoosh and actuation from the BOV, so I don't think it's that. There was nothing weird the day before to hint to this either. It almost feels like a limp mode, but it`s not. There don't seem to be any direct codes for it either. I've reset the ECU multiple times trouble shooting and I've seen P04DB, P007D, P0238, and P0420. Some of these codes come up while testing things. I`ve been searching the forums, but nothing stands out to me. I`ve done the basic charge pipe inspection and they are fine. I looked at the turbine and compressor side of the turbo and they are fine as well. There was no shaft play, wheels are intact, and still spinning. I just replaced the Boost Control Solenoid tonight, but that didn't change anything. Right now, the only code is p0420. But I think I just didn't tighten the DP enough after looking at it. I`m pretty stumped but think it's one of 3 things.

1. Blown turbo. The wheel is spinning but maybe the bearing is shot, and I didn't notice. I have a used stock one with 77xxx miles coming soon since it was a good deal just in case.

2. PCV issue. With P04DB popping twice this year I just blew it off. But there is oil on the upper left PCV hose, and with the boost issue it got me thinking. But I don't think I would be losing 16psi from this?

3. Overheating issue. This is a whole other can of worms... I have been struggling to keep to car cool with the FMIC and intake on the stock radiator. So, I regularly see temps of 230+. At 235 ill blast the heat to bring it down. But i may also have a faulty coolant temp sensor since a shop I know looked at it and they said they got different temps then the sensor said. So, I need to dig into that later on my own. I`ve "overheated" at 245 multiple times throughout my 2 years of ownership. So, I know what it's like in limp mode all too well.

I got ForScan for this reason, so just let me know what to look for / track and I'll try to get that!

Engine Mods - Dizzy E30 tune (Cobb Stage 0 right now with the issues), Cobb FMIC, Full Whoosh intake, Milltek cat-back, Whoosh coil-packs, GFB BOV VTA. 144xxx miles one the car

Any ideas help, thanks!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
May help to list every code and what it means, versus force every individual who reads this to look them up for themselves.

P0420 = catalytic converter’s efficiency

High carbon emissions can cut the life of a cat short. Are any of the other codes related to running rich? Cats don't just instantly clog. But if you've noticed diminished power output for some time, it may be evident with vacuum gauge reading.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=0C43...4191B!21014&parId=C43F28D3024191B!274&o=OneUp

Ford Community Posts