Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud whistling above 2k rpm

Link to video

Only occurs during acceleration. Was cruising on interstate with ~3,100 rpm and it kept blowing nonstop the entire trip.

Bought the car with all the mods and the whistling was there since day 1. Doesn't really impact driving, but I wondering whether it comes from a leak or something worse. Would love to know so I can get it fixed. 2019 US mk7 FiST.

-Cobb intercooler
-Cpe hot side charge pipe
-Cpe meth kit cold side charge pipe
-Whoosh motorsports crossover pipe
-injen shortram with box shield
-whoosh motorsports v3 HF catted downpipe,
-whoosh motorsports hybrid turbo with 10psi turbosmart wastegate
-turbosmart plumback shortie bov
-mbrp 3” aluminized exhaust
-tuned on 93oct at 28psi by dizzy

I have the whoosh hybrid. It does make a whistle sound but only in boost under acceleration. Mine doesn't make the noise all the time....sounds like a boost leak to me.

LucasHigh

Premium Account
If you don't want the whittles reinstall the charge piping that has the built in muffler and if you have a cold air, put the factory intake on, but yes all "big" turbos will sound like whistles at pretty much any rpm

still not a bad idea to smoke test it though, or just go through all the charge piping and makr sure everything is snug