Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking into a FiST

Sold my focus and am looking at purchasing a fiesta st . They’re a little harder to come by it seems and have found a 16 with 105k on it. Car appears to be in overall good condition, has prior modifications “basic bolt ons”.
What kind of mileage have you fiesta owners been seeing out of these cars? He said he would talk 9k for it “st2” which is right in the middle of blue book for it. I feel like that’s an acceptable price but buying something with 100k makes me nervous as I typically buy lower mileage. Any thoughts an advice? I am more familiar with the focus platform so any help would be great! Owner stated the only issues he’s had since he has owned it is the blend issue and the pcv valve which is quite common even in the focus community.

I’ve attached some photos of the vehicle I’m looking at

Attachments

I was in your position a couple months ago and don’t envy you esp if you want one soon. The only advice I have is patience for something you’re comfortable with. I wanted stock and wasn’t super concerned with miles but had an eye out for 2016+ with low miles. I ended up ebaying a completely stock, accident repair with 26k miles on it. eBay doesn’t mess around so I was confident I wouldn’t get scammed as the seller has a 2000 positive vs 1 negative feedback score. I knew it wouldn’t be perfect but for 11.5k I got my low mileage stock car. It really worked out for me but patience is the key.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I was in your position a couple months ago and don’t envy you esp if you want one soon. The only advice I have is patience for something you’re comfortable with. I wanted stock and wasn’t super concerned with miles but had an eye out for 2016+ with low miles. I ended up ebaying a completely stock, accident repair with 26k miles on it. eBay doesn’t mess around so I was confident I wouldn’t get scammed as the seller has a 2000 positive vs 1 negative feedback score. I knew it wouldn’t be perfect but for 11.5k I got my low mileage stock car. It really worked out for me but patience is the key.
Actually found a 14 with 75k on it for 12. Great condition

Attachments

pixelzombie

That is a great price, did it have recaros?

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Yep. The only odd/undesirable thing was that they replaced 1 of the gunmetal wheels with a silver one. But the brakes dust so bad it’s nearly invisible anyway.
The car I bought has black wheels lol

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Congratulations, I think you will enjoy it, these are great cars. Where in North Carolina are you? There are a fair number of owners in the central part of the state.
I’m in Asheboro, center of the state by the NC Zoo

No I don’t want recarros. My ST3 had them and they were terrible for me lol I’m not that big 5’10 195 but they were super uncomfortable to me.
im 6ft2 180lbs and these recaros are real nice. the focus st3 recaros are quite different compared to the fiesta recaros (according to other people on the forums). people report the st3 recaros being much more uncomfortable.

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
im 6ft2 180lbs and these recaros are real nice. the focus st3 recaros are quite different compared to the fiesta recaros (according to other people on the forums). people report the st3 recaros being much more uncomfortable.
I didn’t like them that’s for sure. I’ve never found a cloth seat i didn’t feel comfortable in so that’s what works for me.