Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LOOK! ALLDATA/IDENTIFIX Group buy

For all those that don't work in an automotive shop as our main gig I was thinking maybe we could all pitch in on an identifix, alldata or Mitchell account and get access to their entire database for a split rate amongst the entire forum and then everyone would just pay monthly and the password for the group account would be provided to them on a month-to-month basis for people who paid.
Would be a hella cheap way to get an amazing resource for our forum!!
Please let me know what you think and get in on this!

XanRules

I believe this is a violation of those companies' TOS and our license would get revoked immediately, but if someone can figure out a workaround I'd be interested.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #3
I believe this is a violation of those companies' TOS and our license would get revoked immediately, but if someone can figure out a workaround I'd be interested.
Seems strange because a shop is just a group of people paying the group rate. We would essentially be the same

XanRules

In principle, I agree, but AllData's TOS says:
The Product, Data and Documentation are to be used solely in connection with your professional or your personal use, and not in connection with the business of any other firm, person, organization or any other commercial use. You must not, and You must not request or authorize a third party to ... use, or make available for use, the Product, Data or Documentation either (a) on a wide area network or (b) for off-site access without prior, express, written approval from ALLDATA and payment of the fees then in effect for such use.
I'm always all for violating the TOS, I just think this would get shut down the second different IPs and Logins started accessing the system concurrently.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
There's a way around anything however this is not necessarily something to discuss under an open forum.

My general rule of thumb is, if the product warrants stealing then it isn't worth stealing. Find an alternative. Helm and their $300 for a service manual locked into some crap-ass software from twenty years ago is a prime example. But I'd prefer the straight-up $300 to renting it. Renting what is effectively a book that largely remains static is something I could never get behind.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #6
There's a way around anything however this is not necessarily something to discuss under an open forum.

My general rule of thumb is, if the product warrants stealing then it isn't worth stealing. Find an alternative. Helm and their $300 for a service manual locked into some crap-ass software from twenty years ago is a prime example. But I'd prefer the straight-up $300 to renting it. Renting what is effectively a book that largely remains static is something I could never get behind.
Yeah I'm going to ask how much a multi use license will cost and explain the use case.
Probably cost prohibitive.

As far as alternatives go there aren't really any viable ones that would provide us with access to all vehicles covered. A single vehicle is cheap on identifix if you just wanted it for the fist but I kinda wanted something all of us could use for all our vehicles and friends if we were fixing theirs etc etc

XanRules

Alright, one of you guys has to change your avatar, this is silly.

Anyway, yeah, can't hurt to ask. I hate all this subscription/software rental garbage.