Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue with hesitation starting when the car is hot

Hi all, I'm having a weird issue with the car when its hot chuggin a lot when trying to start. Pretty much it starts fine when its cold, maybe a tiny bit of hesitationbut nothing really noticible, but when its hot it will chug for about a second or two then fire up. It doesnt do it if i have just turned off the car, it needs to sit for about 15 mins or so, and if its left to cool over night it will start without any real issue. I've had the laptop hooked up to it and theres no fault code besides a couple of faults for the heated mirrors that keep popping up.
I have changed the spark plugs and the coils, so it doesnt seem to be an issue with that.
The car is currently down on power, it sounds like its venting a lot of boost when it should be coming onto power.
From what i can see in the forums these issues often with the low pressure fuel sensor, but usually that throws a fault code, im not 100% on what the forscan readings for the lpfs are, the high pressure is reading about 2k on idle at first start then about 1k once its run for a bit. Anyone got any info on what to check? thanks for any help :)

Last edited: