Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is this a bad rear motor mount?

Tiffer

Ever since I had the clutch slave cylinder replaced the car has a vibration under hard acceleration. I took a video of the RMM when dropping the clutch at idle in 1st and then reverse. Is this movement normal? Not sure which engine mount is bad or if it could be something else. Cruising at low or high speeds there is no vibration.

OP
T

Tiffer

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Sam,
Car is a 2015 model now driven by my daughter. 64k miles. Don't need it racey or vibrating. So either new stock mount or powerflex yellow bushings. Both about the same price. Can do powerflex inserts all round. What would you recommend? Have heard stiff rmm's help a lot but will trash other mounts if stock.

Sam4

Thanks Sam,
Car is a 2015 model now driven by my daughter. 64k miles. Don't need it racey or vibrating. So either new stock mount or powerflex yellow bushings. Both about the same price. Can do powerflex inserts all round. What would you recommend? Have heard stiff rmm's help a lot but will trash other mounts if stock.
Thanks for asking. Lots of opinions on this site, I'm on #3 - its a VibraTechnics, good stuff. I tried the inserts, didn't care for them. You'll need to do the oem mount every 5th oil change...but it's a daughters car so there are no oil changes!!!

OP
T

Tiffer

Thread Starter #5
Hehe ok, just ordered an oem mount. 1st time I have beaten the mod bug! Let's hope the other 2 are ok.

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
When they say check your belts and hoses after 4 years, they literally mean check everything.. and if these motor mounts have gaps or spaces between or within the rubber bushings, chances are these are going to fail. Get the solid mount poly bushings.