Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing new hose for boost gauge

Hi all, I’m not sure if this is in the right place, my apologies if it is.

A couple of years ago I installed a Turbosmart boost gauge that I had lying around simply so I had a project. Totally unnecessary since I have the Cobb AP that does a much better job. The reason why I’m posting is because when installing the hose, it got a bit disfigured when heating it up to fit over the nozzles on both ends. I plan on replacing it with a new hose. It works but I’d like to do it better. In your experience, what’s the best way to attach them to the nozzles?

XanRules

What happened that you needed to heat it up to install it over the nozzles? I think I just used a rubber vacuum hose from Napa, slipped it over the respective "nipples" on the sensor and vacuum block, and that was it.

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #3
What happened that you needed to heat it up to install it over the nozzles? I think I just used a rubber vacuum hose from Napa, slipped it over the respective "nipples" on the sensor and vacuum block, and that was it.
It wouldn't go on without heat.

XanRules

It wouldn't go on without heat.
I think the clear plasticy tubing my gauge came with was similar - I don't trust that stuff and don't use it. I think 8 feet of really heavy-duty vacuum hose in the correct diameter cost me $12.50 or so at Napa. That would be my recommendation. It will slide on easily and stay put (though a hose clamp won't hurt).