Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Injector Problem

matt-m3

Hi

Currently having some issues with my mk7 ST which I suspect is possibly a leaking injector, symptoms are intermittent loss of power for a second or two on full throttle, Strong smell of petrol in engine bay and sometimes in cabin and occasionally a longer than normal engine crank time before it starts. Car is currently at 70k miles, I've had the exhaust smoke tested to ensure that isn't problem as well as a full vacuum leak test, and cylinder compression test.

I'm planning on having the injectors tested not sure how big of a job this is but I don't think I could do it myself, what I'm unsure about is whether or not the seals need to be replaced when removing injectors?

WannabeST

New gaskets on your injectors is a relatively easy/ affordable. I would 100% recommend you do it while you pull them out. It's cheap insurance that they are sealed.
I would not put this off for long, if you are smelling gas in the engine bay, you are for sure leaking, its just a matter of where.