Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Illuminated door sills installed

welp they are in. just need to rearrange the wires a bit just to pit a bit more slack on em in some spots but hey they work like a champ. Thanks Canadian guy.

More details:

They were custom made run for a small batch of us FiST, FoST (both FiST and FoST are the same sills) and FoRS owners in China. It's slightly smaller than the OEM sills. Cost about $80 USD. I'm not sure how about to get them to stateside though.

I ran the wires under the seal by the sills (you can pull them out and there's a gap with plenty of space) and all the way to the footrest lighting and tapped the wires there so that it only comes on when the door opens.

The downside is that the wires were not long enough to run it all the way, but luckily I had some wires of the same size (22 gauge I believe) and extended them without any problems in operation.

Hey brother, picked up a set of illuminated sills.. just curious where did you tap into the wire harness. I had checked on the forums and most people say theres an existing female plug to a harness.. However my model/year doesnt have a circuit from factory. Any help at all would be appreciated!