Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much power is the sweet spot for most real world use in this car?

No literally a cap in the ECU at 7700. Stock the car is 6500 and people mess with it quite a bit. But I believe the highest the ECU can be tune to is 7700. I know my car red lines at 7000.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Yes, hard cap at 7700 and it might be better to keep it at 7500, RMP is harder on engines than anything besides a bad tune causing detonation or pre ignition issues.

You can have 300WHP and a wide enough power band for most any situation, if you need a bit more legs in 1st or second put on taller tires.

------------

Jeff, Great to remember the "older days" of the FXT, a very fun all around car but I honestly like the FiST much better:) I am likely done with this stuff, other priorities in life but once I have a house and good place to work I might do something in the future but not planning it. I did however plan on minimal mods on the FiST, look where that got me!

------------

I would not blow the money to build a forged engine, the stock one is quite good for most anybodies real power needs and used engines are dirt cheap in junkyards, buy a spare and run the stock one as hard as you want, pop it, do the swap, easier than dealing with a built engine but a huge margin:)

TempeST

Rick, it's been a while since you and I have talked about our builds for these cars but I just wanted to let you know your old EFR is getting put through its paces and getting some AUX fuel in the very near future. I have your build thread saved on my "favorites" and I go back to it quite often to check in on things I could do to mine. Still interested in some of your things if you do decide to sell off more pieces. mainly the Helix wheels. But it will be sad to see you go, I hope you stick around even after you sell the car. I know you and I have talked about me buying your car but I am too far into mine as of now to stop and sell and start on a new one I am not totally familiar with. Did you guys ever get your lag issue figured out.

P.S. I do have a similar story as you have in your OP with this EFR. :) Hope the Wife and dogs, and family are doing well.

Waterfan

No literally a cap in the ECU at 7700. Stock the car is 6500 and people mess with it quite a bit. But I believe the highest the ECU can be tune to is 7700. I know my car red lines at 7000.
OK, thank you for the clarification. Hard-coded "safety/longevity" feature I guess.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
The higher the redline and more often use the much more stress on the moving parts, it is a bit exponential, better to go for a wider redline with wider torque curve, learn the best shift points to fall into the meat of it and make the car faster in most situations.

I have mine at 7500 but it is faster shifting in the 7k range, I like having the extra headroom for shorter straights were I can avoid and up and downshift which keeps the car more settled and faster in that section.