Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #221
Er Mah Gerd! I can't wait! So Jealous of you, I hope you beat Russ's old record, nothing against him at all, I know he will be grinning ear to ear as he tunes this beast, knowing everything he has made and took the time to do on your car is what made this happen.
Man, I think the only person that could possibly more excited for this than me is Russ lol.

Will it be ready for ST Fest?
Unfortunately, no. But, there are a couple other fish to fry before the season is out :) Gotta beat my 1/2 mile, and nab that 1/4 mile record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #225
Are there upgrades for said b6 available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
All I know off is the final drive change. I consider it a downgrade.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #226
Hijinx' Shun Mediocrity Build

Quick dump.

Hello Mr. Tial.

If you look closely, you see an awesome boost controller mounted.

Push connect goodness going on.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are there upgrades for said b6 available?
I'm sure that Quaife, X-trac, or Sadev can build up a strong box to fit, but, they would be LOUD, almost un-streetable, dog ring engagement deals, and even the non-sequential versions would co$t almost twice what our cars are worth! [crazyeye] [:(]

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #231
Everyone... Stop! Collaborate and listen! Hijinx is back with my brand new invention! Ok, not really, but I do have a healthy update for y'all. Even though the 11:1 compression helped, it just couldn't get the turbo (GTX2871r) spooled fast enough. [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] was able to make what I was hoping for on E45, but the power curve just isn't great. With that in mind, we've decided to swap back to the smaller GTX2867r and will find a .52 A/R for better spool than my previous set up. The 2867r can make the same power, but with a better power band. I will keep the 2871r and place it on the back burner for now, though. More things may or may not be coming down the pipeline in the future.

Oh, BTW... Yes. This is a NEW RECORD! DEAD HOOK MOTORSPORTS!

14212041_10157367948815043_310520769543638232_n.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Was it "how much I was hoping for", or how LONG it took to get there that was the "problem"? [???:)]

Because IF the former, just how much more were you "hoping for"?!? [crazyeye]

I mean, are you looking for 500 to the wheels out of a street based, stock cammed and headed, non-ITB injected, factory ECUed powerplant???!!! [ohcrap]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I don't think it's too bad actually !!!
It's making 200ft lbs at a reasonable rpm. But... This is also a wot dyno. What you feel while driving the car at part throttle is difference. So I understand. But I'd like to see this thing make more !!
You guys hit the 2nd map limit?
Charge temps stay ok ? I know some cars I've seen run higher boost like that have had some higher charge temps here in FL.
Prob too top secret to share, but I'd love to see some data logs in my email for entertainment purposes, lol.

Pretty awesome when you are making 100whp more than other people total whp goal. [emoji983]

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #235
Was it "how much I was hoping for", or how LONG it took to get there that was the "problem"? [???:)]

Because IF the former, just how much more were you "hoping for"?!? [crazyeye]

I mean, are you looking for 500 to the wheels out of a street based, stock cammed and headed, non-ITB injected, factory ECUed powerplant???!!! [ohcrap]
No, 430whp on E45 is about what I wanted to daily. The problem is how long it took... The 2867r can do that, and more with a wider power band, so that's what we're looking for next. Oh, we want to try for 500whp... But, with current fuel limitations and of course the head, the likelihood is low. Basically, we're navigating uncharted territory with the tools we've got.

I don't think it's too bad actually !!!
It's making 200ft lbs at a reasonable rpm. But... This is also a wot dyno. What you feel while driving the car at part throttle is difference. So I understand. But I'd like to see this thing make more !!
You guys hit the 2nd map limit?
Charge temps stay ok ? I know some cars I've seen run higher boost like that have had some higher charge temps here in FL.
Prob too top secret to share, but I'd love to see some data logs in my email for entertainment purposes, lol.

Pretty awesome when you are making 100whp more than other people total whp goal. [emoji983]

Russ will have all that info. I'm sure it's not "undriveably laggy" because the higher CR made a big difference on the bottom end from what I understand. But, problem is, the response can be better, we can have a wider power band to make it a faster car. Need some speed to back up that number. No dyno queens here; mediocrity is not acceptable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wonder just where the limits of the factory transaxle, and half shafts/CV joints lie? [dunno]

(I guess that you, and a very few others on here, will find that out! [wink])