Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi from California

Howdy everyone! She's a 2016 w/ Magnetic paint, red brake calipers, Recaro seats, and paid in full [driving]. 2 years of saving up and I finally have my dream car! I'm learning stick on it and I'm picking it up pretty quick. It's a riot already. Looking forward to posting more in here!
PXL_20240706_011927002.jpg

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome, your car looks good, I love that color. The car is a hell of a lot of fun, you're going to really enjoy it.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, and you can pick up some good information on here.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! Congrats on the well-earned new ride. Looks clean!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welcome and Congrats!

Does it have lowering springs/suspension at all?
It appears to be slightly lower than most factory stock rides (did the previous owner/dealer seller mention this at all??)

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Welcome ! Fairly new member myself, got my first FiST about 6 weeks ago. Love it already ! This is an incredibly helpful forum and members readily share their knowledge and experience.Best of luck with your new car.

OP
grigr
Thread Starter #10
Welcome and Congrats!

Does it have lowering springs/suspension at all?
It appears to be slightly lower than most factory stock rides (did the previous owner/dealer seller mention this at all??)
Hmm. The dealer himself owned it for a few months before his wife forced him to sell it, and he did mention that he put tires with a wider track on it. Otherwise, he said that no major modifications had been made (and, despite the fact that he's a salesman, I'm inclined to trust him). What do you think?

Dialcaliper

Hmm. The dealer himself owned it for a few months before his wife forced him to sell it, and he did mention that he put tires with a wider track on it. Otherwise, he said that no major modifications had been made (and, despite the fact that he's a salesman, I'm inclined to trust him). What do you think?
The dead simple way to tell is if the coil springs look like a normal spring (uniform coils all the way down), they’re factory, but aftermarket springs almost universally have a section of tightly wound helper coils. Also spring any color besides black is a dead giveaway. Rears are easy to see but just looking in from under the rear bumper

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The dead simple way to tell is if the coil springs look like a normal spring (uniform coils all the way down), they’re factory, but aftermarket springs almost universally have a section of tightly wound helper coils. Also spring any color besides black is a dead giveaway. Rears are easy to see but just looking in from under the rear bumper
That's a good idea for a way to check. Here's a picture of one of my rear OEM springs for comparison.

1720706809663.png