Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heads up! Do NOT get the Airtek expansion tank if you have a Radium PCV side oil catch can

I learned this the hard way. The top hose of the expansion tank butts up hard against the inlet/outlet of the oil catch can. The hose has to be forced to connect to the expansion tank which doesn't end up seating well. This caused 240 degree coolant to blast out of that hose and left me stranded on the side of the highway with my 2 young kids. This was not an issue with the OEM plastic expansion tank. Let me know if you have any questions.

I learned this the hard way. The top hose of the expansion tank butts up hard against the inlet/outlet of the oil catch can. The hose has to be forced to connect to the expansion tank which doesn't end up seating well. This caused 240 degree coolant to blast out of that hose and left me stranded on the side of the highway with my 2 young kids. This was not an issue with the OEM plastic expansion tank. Let me know if you have any questions.
I noticed the same issue as far as the catch can getting in the way when i installed my pro alloy tank but i avoided the issue by slotting the mounting bracket for the tank in the car closest too the front of the vehicle and then putting the mounting bracket on the tank in that slot and then mounted it with metal tie straps. Kinda not what i wanted to do but it works with no issues.

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #3
I noticed the same issue as far as the catch can getting in the way when i installed my pro alloy tank but i avoided the issue by slotting the mounting bracket for the tank in the car closest too the front of the vehicle and then putting the mounting bracket on the tank in that slot and then mounted it with metal tie straps. Kinda not what i wanted to do but it works with no issues.
Interesting! Do you have photos? I'll be trying to pivot the catch can away from the hose. The problem with that is that it will only have one bolt to tighten it down, not two.

Interesting! Do you have photos? I'll be trying to pivot the catch can away from the hose. The problem with that is that it will only have one bolt to tighten it down, not two.
I have this photo ill take more when i get home if i remember too. I dont have any bolts holding this down only metal tiestraps. The back mounting spot wouldnt line up correctly due too me slotting the front mount thus having to hold both the front and back of the tank with metal tie straps. You can kind of see the strap closest to the front of the car in this photo. I also made an adapter for the coolant line going from the tank because i didnt trust the way it clipped into the tank. Just didnt feel right.

Attachments