Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Guess my horsepower

So I think my shit is underperforming and I'm wondering how much it should be making on E30 according to my forum friends.
Setup-
S280 @ 32psig
Itg maxogen intake
Mountune crossover pipe
J Line intercooler
Whoosh single port aux
4bar Map sensor
Step colder plugs
Whoosh catted DP
Remus 2.75" cat back

Thanks friends!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
So I think my shit is underperforming and I'm wondering how much it should be making on E30 according to my forum friends.
Setup-
S280 @ 32psig
Itg maxogen intake
Mountune crossover pipe
J Line intercooler
Whoosh single port aux
4bar Map sensor
Step colder plugs
Whoosh catted DP
Remus 2.75" cat back

Thanks friends!
I would say with the aux fuel you should be up in the 350 whp range. I know mine with pump a similar S280 setup @27lbs is pushing around 284 and when I run E30 just under 300. I also know that with just injectors per my tuners dyno tested results I would see around 320-335 whp roughly.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #3
I would say with the aux fuel you should be up in the 350 whp range. I know mine with pump a similar S280 setup @27lbs is pushing around 284 and when I run E30 just under 300. I also know that with just injectors per my tuners dyno tested results I would see around 320-335 whp roughly.
This makes me very sad.
Out of curiosity what was your AP estimating your HP as at this time?

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #5
on E30 I saw just under 300 on my AP. Who is your tuner?
Thanks for the reply
Oh so that's not bad then. I thought the AP was more accurate. It under estimates quite a ways then?

I'll keep the tuner out of it right now because I don't think it's anything to do with them and don't want to bad mouth anyone.
AP says 300ftlb and 300HP but that's crank estimate so I figured I was way under what I should be.
Seen lots of people say they are at 350-370 with similar setups

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Thanks for the reply
Oh so that's not bad then. I thought the AP was more accurate. It under estimates quite a ways then?

I'll keep the tuner out of it right now because I don't think it's anything to do with them and don't want to bad mouth anyone.
AP says 300ftlb and 300HP but that's crank estimate so I figured I was way under what I should be.
Seen lots of people say they are at 350-370 with similar setups
I am pretty sure the AP is wheel estimate not crank because vdyno is wheel estimate and on pump gas I was at 284HP and 284TQ . I also know on the dyno I was pushing about 275 HP with my first tuner before I went to Tune+ . My car runs great and is pretty damn fast with Adam’s tunes.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #7
I am pretty sure the AP is wheel estimate not crank because vdyno is wheel estimate and on pump gas I was at 284HP and 284TQ . I also know on the dyno I was pushing about 275 HP with my first tuner before I went to Tune+ . My car runs great and is pretty damn fast with Adam’s tunes.
Good to know. I'll send Adam an email. Thanks man

Little J

Setup-
S280 @ 32psig
Itg maxogen intake
Mountune crossover pipe
J Line intercooler
Whoosh single port aux
4bar Map sensor
Step colder plugs
Whoosh catted DP
Remus 2.75" cat back

Thanks friends!
I have a very similar setup as you except I have an airtec tubular exhaust manifold and 3 inch cat back. But on E50 @35psi on the dyno I put down 372whp but on the AP it usually gives 450-460 estimated HP. I also have the up rated HPFP and injectors. My tuner is JST. Been on this tune for about 18 months

I have a very similar setup as you except I have an airtec tubular exhaust manifold and 3 inch cat back. But on E50 @35psi on the dyno I put down 372whp but on the AP it usually gives 450-460 estimated HP. I also have the up rated HPFP and injectors. My tuner is JST. Been on this tune for about 18 months
I envy that, I am going to give JST a try, they did confirmed that with my setup, it can safely go over 30 PSI.

I got 340+ whp on the AP with 28 PSI max on a cool 70's degrees morning on e50. Per current tuner, over 28 psi is not safe for longevity of the engine. I have run this tune for the past 4 months with no issue.

Those fans on the regular Dyno, are they able to cool the IAT enough during dyno? Boost and air volume are very different on a hot day. I can see 28 psi with 33 lbs on cool 80 degrees days and 30 PSI with 30 lbs on 100 degree days.