Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grinding sounds when loading up the steering wheel at rest

Started investigating things when I thought the steering felt a bit off... Per description, if I start slowwwly turning the steering wheel when car is stationary, it would sporadically start faintly grinding and continues doing so if I hold the wheel at that angle without moving. It's pretty pronounced when I put my ear to the steering wheel. Can be reproduced fairly reliably if I load up the wheel and then quickly turn it a bit further.

Interestingly enough, once I heard the noise, it seems like its even more pronounced and pretty much constant when driving at speed (in a straight line too.... steering rack trying hard to keep the wheels stable?)

As it usually happens, When to the shop and they could barely hear it and only after I pointed it out. Has anyone noticed something similar?