Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel gauge issues.

So my fuel gauge is stuck on full wondering if its the pump/sending unit or some other electrical gremlins. Any thoughts would be welcome. Car runs fine and my estimated to empty when compared with the miles on the trip is accurate so I can atleast keep a guesstimate of when to fuel up next.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You could try one of the stronger fuel injection/fuel system cleaners with a very high concentration of PEAs (Red Line SI-1, Gumout Regane) to see if that 'un-gums' the sending unit's float pivot before opening up the tank.

That has helped on some other cars which had fuel gauge problems in the past (4th gen Camaro, etc.).

OP
Mycooking
Thread Starter #4
I tossed some seafoam in and also disconnected the battery... Then had to drive(gently) down to the dealership so my buddy could put the tune back on it(not stock) all seems good so far. I gotta do some driving this weekend any way so I'll update this on Sunday.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I tossed some seafoam in and also disconnected the battery... Then had to drive(gently) down to the dealership so my buddy could put the tune back on it(not stock) all seems good so far. I gotta do some driving this weekend any way so I'll update this on Sunday.
Tune doesn't go away when the battery is disconnected.

OP
Mycooking
Thread Starter #9
Well after driving over 100 miles the last few days everything is as it should be. Fuel gauge is accurate and working. Thanks everyone for the suggestions before I dove down a rabbit hole. Sometimes it's the simplest solutions 😃.