Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front Windshield wipers don't work - Sprayer and Rear Does

Earlier this week during my commute in the rain, my my front windshield wipers suddenly stopped working.

They were working fine and suddenly stopped in the up position. They only stopped long enough for me to realize the oddity, then resumed. Over the next few minutes this would happen a many more times (sometimes up, sometime down, sometimes in the middle). A few times they would get stuck for an extended period, and sometimes they would almost jitter, like it power was cutting in and out. Eventually they got stuck and didn't move again. This time they got stuck in the up position, great!

Through the next 20 minutes of driving I tested the various options.
  • The front washer still sprays (but when the washer sprays, it doesn't wipe
  • The rear wiper still sprays
  • the rear wiper works fine
  • the front wipers do NOT work regardless the stalk/dial position.
As I was driving through my neighborhood, a random pull down on the stalk and the front wiper worked long enough to return most of the way down.

Three days later and was the last time the wipers worked.

Since the then, I have inspected the and replaced the fuse (it looked fine, replaced anyways). Disconnected the negative battery terminal for ~10 minutes as inspected the wiring and ground connections (everything looks clean).

I'm lost on where to look next. Aside from this issues, there are Zero other electrical or mechanical issues with the car.

Having trouble finding similar issues with the Fiesta, but focus and Escape forums state potential issues with the BCM, wiper motor, fuse, or battery current sensor).

Car is a 2019 with 75,000 miles and has not had electrical or mechanical modifications.

I included some pictures of the battery current sensor for reference.

Has anyone here experienced anything similar? Any recommended next steps?

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got multi meter I can dig up. Looks like the wiper motor might be buried in there.

Are the similar/related things to check before digging that far in?
Not really.....I can get the cowl off in about 5 mins I've had it off so many times. It should take a you about 15-20 minutes first time.