Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First Road Trip in my Fiesta ST

So next week I will take my 2019 FiST on a trip to Las Vegas. any suggestions or advice you have on long trips with this car? thanks in advance to all :cool:

I just took an 8 hour drive up to Lake Tahoe, I do have a 2016 so not sure how the radiator problem is in the newer models but definitely try to avoid steep hills constantly with the heat, coolant temps get up there quick. So keep an eye on them if you can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #4
I just took an 8 hour drive up to Lake Tahoe, I do have a 2016 so not sure how the radiator problem is in the newer models but definitely try to avoid steep hills constantly with the heat, coolant temps get up there quick. So keep an eye on them if you can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
thanks to you both.. I will definitely keep a look out on the coolant temps. Lets hope it goes well and I come back with more money for mods!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
You'll be cool. I drove my FiST to Laughlin and back. Ran the AC full-time on the way back because it was 115* outside. Never had an issue.

LA to Vegas is no biggie. I driven mine to San Diego and up to San Francisco a few times.

One thing I will say is grab Uber/Lyft. DUIs are no joke, playboy.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Oh yeah, pack smart. I don't know how many are rolling with you, but trunk space is limited.

Usually it's just me and my lady, I toss everthing in the back seat. She packs way too much shit.

OP
fieSTeban710
Thread Starter #7
Oh yeah, pack smart. I don't know how many are rolling with you, but trunk space is limited.

Usually it's just me and my lady, I toss everthing in the back seat. She packs way too much shit.

I feel you on that! my girl packs too much crap as well.. luckily it's just us two rolling in the FiST. :cool:

You'll be cool. I drove my FiST to Laughlin and back. Ran the AC full-time on the way back because it was 115* outside. Never had an issue.

LA to Vegas is no biggie. I driven mine to San Diego and up to San Francisco a few times.

One thing I will say is grab taxi from Burgess Hill to Gatwick. DUIs are no joke, playboy.

Has anyone done any long road trips? Like a couple of 8 hour days in the car? What's the ride like after hours on the road? What about the seats...Recaros or cloth, not the width but comfort for a road trip car? What about "highway drone"?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone done any long road trips? Like a couple of 8 hour days in the car? What's the ride like after hours on the road? What about the seats...Recaros or cloth, not the width but comfort for a road trip car? What about "highway drone"?
I've done several cross country trips. I have the base seats, which are quite comfy for that. I suspect the Recaros wouldn't be so forgiving.
I've found that higher speeds give a smoother ride.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
I drove mime back and forth to the bay area from LA multiple times S280 turbo powered and Recaro‘s! . Over the course of 6 years of ownership. No issues whatsoever though I did run a Mountune radiator and the central valley can get hot. Ran it over the Grapevine!

Last edited:
I drove mine (Recaros) from SW Washington to Illinois. It was no problem to drive from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm .. or even longer, for days. it's a real hoot to get out into the 80 mph speed limit area of the country and do 90 mph ALL DAY and not be worried about tickets. I DO use a V1 radar detector it should be said. .. Also nice to get out there and get 93 octane gas... ..

OH YEAH, for Android phones get the APP, iEXIT. ... This will tell you all the services at every exit on the interstates. You can plan ahead to find good gas, food, lodging as you go or ahead of time. Fabulous app for road trips. .. You know your fuel capacity and mpg so you can make sure you don't get stuck with bad fuel..... I was in one town where I had just assumed i could go to the station in the middle of town (small town Nebraska). The BEST gas they had was 89.! .. Maybe the town was Tractorville? ... Diesel, 85 and 89. ...

The app will show you food and motels too. ..including addresses so you can use you GPS to get exactly where you want to go for stops along the way..... Everything at every exit, including rest areas...

NFI

Last edited:

SVTBob

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I bought my stock ‘19 in PA in June (base seats) and drove it home to AZ driving 10-12 hours a day in pretty hot temps with absolutely no issues. I have another ST with Recaro seats now. I love the Recaro’s for performance driving but I found the cloth seats more comfortable for long hauls.