Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Tracking From Window Sticker to Factory build date to Railcar tracking..

My sales guy has been hard to get a hold of. When I called him a few days ago he said first or second week of July but who knows. I never got any of the actual shipping info.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #402
OK you need to be firm and tell them you want the railcar number once it is loaded they can see that on their tracking software if not the sales guy then go over his head to his boss.. it will be a ETTX number then you may be able to track it..

Nobody cares about how long it will take to get your car, except you....I was lucky and had a great salesman...but I had to inform him that an ETTX number even existed!!! Rodmoe knows what is going on...and that is how I learned how to track my car...and btw...it took 14 weeks for my car to make it from the east coast of Mexico to Rhode Island...waiting waiting waiting...that is what this car is all about...and then when you get your car, you will be waiting for boxes the Federal Express person!!! So enjoy the wait and start shopping for modification parts...or just buy an 8 cylinder Mustang...what's up Colin

9.8m/s/s

Nobody cares about how long it will take to get your car, except you....I was lucky and had a great salesman...but I had to inform him that an ETTX number even existed!!! Rodmoe knows what is going on...and that is how I learned how to track my car...and btw...it took 14 weeks for my car to make it from the east coast of Mexico to Rhode Island...waiting waiting waiting...that is what this car is all about...and then when you get your car, you will be waiting for boxes the Federal Express person!!! So enjoy the wait and start shopping for modification parts...or just buy an 8 cylinder Mustang...what's up Colin
I just registered to reply to your comment. I ordered a 2015 Fiesta ST on May 25, 2014 and received the VIN on June 23, 2014. Are you saying it took 14 weeks to deliver after it was built?

Mine just came in yesterday. I am picking it up tonight. Ordered mid April. It took a little over 3 months to arrive in central Illinois. It sucks it arrived later in the afternoon after the time my bank could not wire funds to the dealer. It was sitting pretty all ready to go too.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Does anyone know if you can view/Honda window stickers.
Just trying to look up my wife's new FIT.

Dave

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #408
Dave did you try just tossing the Vin into google sometimes that pops some info ?? just a guess to boost my post count ya know :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
LOL ,
I haven't tried that yet.
I should have the VIN in a few hours.

Dave

FYI, my dealer sent me my visibility report (thanks rodmoe for your screenshot, I included it and I think that's what made him realize I knew what I was talking about...) and I had a CTTX number instead of ETTX. Looks like it's just a newer version of the ETTX, but it seems the tracking works whether you type ETTX or CTTX when calling (thanks again rodmoe for the tracking tools).

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
FYI, my dealer sent me my visibility report (thanks rodmoe for your screenshot, I included it and I think that's what made him realize I knew what I was talking about...) and I had a CTTX number instead of ETTX. Looks like it's just a newer version of the ETTX, but it seems the tracking works whether you type ETTX or CTTX when calling (thanks again rodmoe for the tracking tools).
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome!

Thanks! I've been lurking around all the forums and just thought I'd make an account to post about the CTTX/ETTX switch. I've noticed you're from AZ, I recently moved from Phoenix to Madison, WI. Never saw a FiST in AZ but I saw 1 in WI so far.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks! I've been lurking around all the forums and just thought I'd make an account to post about the CTTX/ETTX switch. I've noticed you're from AZ, I recently moved from Phoenix to Madison, WI. Never saw a FiST in AZ but I saw 1 in WI so far.
There are a few floating around. I've spotted a few in Scottsdale and Tempe. Hope you're ready for the cold lol.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
how long does it normally take from production date to when its on the train to when the tacking number will start updating?

9/30/14 production date
10/3/14 loaded on ETTX 901 644

When i tried to track it says service not available yet. im guessing train has not left yet? Still getting loaded. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Russ

Just got my Vin# today. I ordered my car on Sept.2nd. Production date shows November 30th as the build date and Ford is estimating delivery to be Dec.30th (delivery to Edmonton, Alberta area), so 16 weeks from date of order.
Not a big deal for me as I have a company vehicle and my plan at delivery is to gingerly nurse it home on what will almost certainly be snowey, icy roads in late December. I know summer tires on ice and snow is like like waking on ball bearings on a tile floor!
My car will hibernate until likely April, 2015 before I actually drive it. I have my company car, so would rather thrash it this winter than a brand new car.
Patience is a virtue I am told...

My sales guy has been hard to get a hold of. When I called him a few days ago he said first or second week of July but who knows. I never got any of the actual shipping info.
After you sign a deal, most car sales guys have approximately zero interest in you from that point on. Don't expect any help in tracking delivery of your new car from the sales guy or dealership. My experience in any case.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
how long does it normally take from production date to when its on the train to when the tacking number will start updating?

9/30/14 production date
10/3/14 loaded on ETTX 901 644

When i tried to track it says service not available yet. im guessing train has not left yet? Still getting loaded. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Russ
For me it took about 2 weeks before I was able to track it. You should be able to track yours by now.

My build date was 10-21-2013, it was on the train and trackable by 10-30-2013 and arrived at my dealer by 11-9-2013.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Just got my Vin# today. I ordered my car on Sept.2nd. Production date shows November 30th as the build date and Ford is estimating delivery to be Dec.30th (delivery to Edmonton, Alberta area), so 16 weeks from date of order.
Not a big deal for me as I have a company vehicle and my plan at delivery is to gingerly nurse it home on what will almost certainly be snowey, icy roads in late December. I know summer tires on ice and snow is like like waking on ball bearings on a tile floor!
My car will hibernate until likely April, 2015 before I actually drive it. I have my company car, so would rather thrash it this winter than a brand new car.
Patience is a virtue I am told...
Congratulations!

Made a quick call to CSX before bed... Big mistake... Got status "Car CTTX###### Load was Bad Ordered, Memphis Tennessee, on CN at 10:10pm"... According to rodmoe's railroad terms that means there's a defect with the train car and it can't leave until it's been fixed. Further searching shows that a bad order load can mean a lot of different things, hopefully none of which damaged my car or will take forever to fix causing a huge delay in delivery...

Made a quick call to CSX before bed... Big mistake... Got status "Car CTTX###### Load was Bad Ordered, Memphis Tennessee, on CN at 10:10pm"... According to rodmoe's railroad terms that means there's a defect with the train car and it can't leave until it's been fixed. Further searching shows that a bad order load can mean a lot of different things, hopefully none of which damaged my car or will take forever to fix causing a huge delay in delivery...
In my area train derailments seem to happen with alarming frequency. I think I won't torture myself as many of are doing agonizing what each stoppage in transit means and assuming the worst has happened. At pick up time I will go over my car very closely, making sure it is pristine in every way. If not they can replace or fix to my satisfaction before i sign off on delivery.