Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

was averaging 27ish on my commute, hills, traffic, 70-80mph. Then I did the GFB DV+ and a fresh alignment and I've been above 30 since

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Gotta say where I get gas really affects mpg. First station I filled up with 93 with some leftover ethanol in the tank I got 32.5 mpg. The 2nd fill up I assumed would get better mileage with even less extra ethanol and I ended up with 30mpg, same driving. Filled up again and I can see my average mileage ticking up again.

I’ll calculate it one last time before I switch back to E30, since life is too short not to run E.

I guess my fiesta leveled up with the s280 and new injectors LOL. Trip currently says 970 miles but it’s already hit 2500 once. Driving is mostly at 55-60 mph, with a pull or 2 everyday to redline at 7k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess my fiesta leveled up with the s280 and new injectors LOL. Trip currently says 970 miles but it’s already hit 2500 once. Driving is mostly at 55-60 mph, with a pull or 2 everyday to redline at 7k.

Ah, 960 miles, close enough.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
In 10 years, I‘ve averaged approximately 34.5 mpg with probably 60/40 city/highway driving. Currently have logged 254,000+ miles.
That's impressive gas mileage, and an impressive number of miles on the car.
I would love to know what your maintenance schedule has been, and what extra repairs, if any, you have had beyond maintenance if you have time.

That's impressive gas mileage, and an impressive number of miles on the car.
I would love to know what your maintenance schedule has been, and what extra repairs, if any, you have had beyond maintenance if you have time.
Oil change ~every 5000 miles (Mobil One) and Chevron Techron added
Mountune Street Brake Pads/Ford Rotors @ 53500, 171000, 245000
Bridgestone OEM (3 sets)
Bridgestone Blizzak W80 Winter
Hankook Optima H426 (OEM from one of my other Fiestas) 16 in
Continental DWS 16 in
Continental DWS06 16 in
General G-Max AS-05 (2 sets) 16 in
Battery @ 110000
Alternator @ 172391
Rear suspension shocks @ 181000
Front suspension struts @ 226145
Oil pan @ 245000
Clutch/Timing Belt/Water Pump/Acc Belt @ 246222
FP Seat Belt Retractor/ Pretensioner @ 251252
Lug nuts @149945, 215020

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Oil change ~every 5000 miles (Mobil One) and Chevron Techron added
Mountune Street Brake Pads/Ford Rotors @ 53500, 171000, 245000
Bridgestone OEM (3 sets)
Bridgestone Blizzak W80 Winter
Hankook Optima H426 (OEM from one of my other Fiestas) 16 in
Continental DWS 16 in
Continental DWS06 16 in
General G-Max AS-05 (2 sets) 16 in
Battery @ 110000
Alternator @ 172391
Rear suspension shocks @ 181000
Front suspension struts @ 226145
Oil pan @ 245000
Clutch/Timing Belt/Water Pump/Acc Belt @ 246222
FP Seat Belt Retractor/ Pretensioner @ 251252
Lug nuts @149945, 215020
Thanks for the detailed response, that's nice to know that relatively minimal maintenance was required to get you to past 250,000 miles. I'm especially impressed by the mileage you got out of the clutch, shocks and struts.
Were the shocks and struts working pretty well until you replaced them?

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
My MPGs have dropped a lot since I upgraded the intercooler, crossover pipe, and wastegate.

I’m struggling to get much more than 28mpg. I used to average 32mpg on e30 on full stock hardware.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm always hovering around 24mpg using 91 octane, but I goose it whenever I can, safely!
I stay at about that too, I don’t understand how people get such high mpgs. Or maybe it’s because I’m addicted to boost. 🤣

Thanks for the detailed response, that's nice to know that relatively minimal maintenance was required to get you to past 250,000 miles. I'm especially impressed by the mileage you got out of the clutch, shocks and struts.
Were the shocks and struts working pretty well until you replaced them?
I had a small leak in the right rear so I decided to replace the whole shebang. One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was a shifter cable that broke on me while visiting Ann Arbor, Michigan. Fortunately, I was a mile away from Varsity Ford and drove there stuck in first gear. The part was cheap but the labor was very expensive. The cable took a week to get so I had to travel back and forth from Chicago by train. I have had a Mountune short shifter since new but I don’t think that was a factor In the breakage. I do carry a lot of spares when driving to and from Arizona but that wasn’t one of them.

Dialcaliper

I stay at about that too, I don’t understand how people get such high mpgs. Or maybe it’s because I’m addicted to boost. 🤣
I’ve been sitting around 24mpg as well, but just had recent evidence that my own lead foot is to blame, in the form of some ski trips and road trips, where I promptly came back averaging 29-30mpg (even with the Dizzy Stage 2 tune, and not particularly low rolling resistance 200TW tires)

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
At least I'm consistent at 24mpg. I'm happily retired so the cost and use of the gas doesn't bother me. There's still centuries of oil under our feet and IF it ever runes out, we'll all be long gone!

Averaging about 36-38mpg. If I had to guess, maybe 60%hwy/40city. Always 87oct, and almost always on cruise control at 55-65mph on the highway. I’ve found ~60mph/below 2.5k rpm cruising is the mpg sweet spot.
+70mph starts to noticeably decrease mpgs.

Yeah, sixth gear, 60 mph I was regularly putting up 43 mpg. City driving and stop/go stuff absolutely kills it, but that's probably due to our collective heavy right feet. If you drove it like a base level fiesta, it would help, but city cruising is absolutely gonna kill the mileage.

I put up 28.x mpg with e30 and an OTS tune, was putting up 29 w e30 before the tune. I'm about 3/4 freeway at 80 mph, and 1/4 city stop and go.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Since my latest round of upgrades (whoosh hybrid, milltek catted dp, ported oem manifold, Cobb redline intake and whoosh hotside pipe) getting a little over 29 on 93 and 28 on E30. Obviously a lot of this depends on type of driving. Normally the car goes on short trips around town but I will drive in to work (1 hrish) highway drive a couple times a month which is how the average mileage stays on the higher side.

This has been a net gain of about 2 or 3 miles per gallon since before the above hardware swaps.

The stock intake and exhaust being roughly similar to aftermarket options I think helps keep our cars in a favorable range, even with standard upgrades. Obviously changing turbos, heavy/lighter wheels, aero and all that will make bigger differences, but I think the biggest disparity is where you're driving rather than (hot take) how you're driving or what you've upgraded. I didn't look at every page of this thread for this opinion though, so I could be talking out my ass.