Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST autocross accident

Reliable stock? Yes. Modding decreases reliability but even so they are still reliable then.

Overheating isn't necessarily a problem with stock FiSTs.

The clutch is fine but what is weak is the slave cylinder. It lets fluid pass when it gets old/hot/fluid is old and the pedal can stick down (you can easily pull it back up with your toe and then it still works). New brake and clutch fluid and a pressure bleed is a definite must.
"Regularly" flushing that fluid isn't a bad idea. But you don't have to. Once every few years should suffice. I personally like the idea of once every 30k miles.

The RE71RS is usually considered the better track tire. It requires some warmup, but once up to temperature has good grip and maintains it.
The A052 doesn't require getting warmed up to have maximum grip. This can make it better for autocross since it can go full out right from having been sitting in the parking lot waiting.

The suggestion you're getting here is to run a few events on whatever the car has on it now just to get a feel for the car. Then buy the TW200 tire in stock size (205/40R17) and run that. Personally I'd run the A052 if autocross is your main goal. It's still competent and fast on the track if you get a chance to run a track day too.

I'd also consider leaving the traction control on for autocross, at least at first. That's how they had us run the cars at Ford Performance Racing School for the ST Octane Academy, both in the Urbancross and on the track.
Thanks. Out of the 3 options, fully on, sport mode and completely off. Which one do you recommend?