Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Evo X Owner Switches To a Blue FiST

In February I bought a brand new Evo X. I really thought it was what I wanted. The performance for price is unmatched. As weeks went by I grew very tired of the constant rattles, fighting for small things to get corrected under warranty, and spending $90 on fuel a week. Today I took in my Evo to a local Ford dealer and traded it in on a 2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST. I honestly would have gone for a Focus ST had it not been for the gas mileage as the prices are very comparable. I test drove both and really couldn't tell a huge difference besides the Fiesta handling better and the Focus being a little faster. Neither matched the performance of the Evo but I also got a lot of unwanted attention in the Evo. I got pulled over twice in the last couple of weeks for doing about 9 over each time. I had forgotten there was a reason I sold my 04 STI when I did. I constantly got pulled over in it for small things that I never got pulled over in any of my other vehicles for. Past rides include my Evo X, 04 STI, 01 B5 S4, G35 Coupe, E36 M3, E46 M3. Now its come down to the Fiesta. I really missed driving something small that zips along unnoticed. I did fairly well on my trade as I got the equivalent to what I would ask at a private sale price. I have been shopping the Fiestas and Foci for about a year, less with the Fiesta and finally am getting my Fast Ford. I am excited to have a small sporty car that I can track and autocross without having to worry about reliability or things getting too out of hand as well as a much lower car payment. I am expecting the car in 6 weeks time and the only option I ordered was the Recaro package. They have a brand new 2014 completely base blue one for sale with some good incentives but I told myself I could not have a FiST without the Recaro seats.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Great Color Choice and I agree on them seat ... Welcome and Congrats

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Welcome! Nice list of pervious cars! I don't know if I would have traded in a brand new Evo X for the FiST but that's pretty cool that you did!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sometimes the rattles can drive you crazy enough to go from an EVO down to a FiST. Welcome aboard[welcome], we're glad to have you here.

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
A lot of the switch had to do with cost of ownership as well as reliability. My Evo has never been alligned right. The steering wheel was crooked from the factory. Mitsubishi would not do anything about it. I was never given a wheel lock key and had to buy a new one. Tires for the Evo are insane. It goes through fuel worse than any car I have ever driven. The interior was appalling. I still did love the car but the negatives outweighed the benefits unfortunately.

On a positive note my sales guy just called me and told me they are doing a Ford Sync discount. So my new car was $1000 cheaper than expected and that was a nice bonus.

Congrats. Bought mine about 3 weeks back now. Switched from an '05 Mazda 3. Drove a WRX, and a BRZ. I never knew a FWD car could handle this well! Hope you love yours!

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
Ford Sync discount? Thats a new one, wonder what its for?
He really didn't sound like he knew what it was for either since they really didn't have anything 2015 on the lot. It is kinda nice knowing I am getting the first 2015 FiST in the area.

He really didn't sound like he knew what it was for either since they really didn't have anything 2015 on the lot. It is kinda nice knowing I am getting the first 2015 FiST in the area.
Hey welcome man and congrats! Yea maybe the discount is for the 2015s,heck you might even be getting the first '15 not only in your area but for this Forum! as well,maybe even your state. Didn't know they were coming out so early.

With you getting rid of the EVO I can totally understand coming from an 05 srt4 and a bright "hey look at me and my big mouth" red mazdaspeed3 myself. Evo's sure are sick cars but not everything is about Power. I feel you on the interior,i love our FIST interior Especially with the Recaros,very good decision if you ask me. The soft touch dash is nice,as well as our leather/cloth seats and I love our steering wheel feel as well and tend to stick my fingers in the bottom whole(lol)part on turns and it's very comfortable.

If you grab a Cobb AP,Dp/Exhuast,Intake,Fmic and RMM,trust me your gonna have more than enough power to Satisfy your needs. I'm a little over 4k miles and still enjoy the car as much as the day I got it, if not even more after few mods I did.
I'm sure your insurance went down as well.

-ry

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
Insurance on my Evo wasn't too bad actually but the FiST is definitely cheaper. How do the aftermarket mods affect the warranty? I know with the Evo I was terrified to mod anything due to it completely voiding the warranty and there are so many things that go wrong with them.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Insurance on my Evo wasn't too bad actually but the FiST is definitely cheaper. How do the aftermarket mods affect the warranty? I know with the Evo I was terrified to mod anything due to it completely voiding the warranty and there are so many things that go wrong with them.
Magnusonā€“Moss Warranty Act protects you against frivolous voiding of the warranty. Unless you put on a big turbo or install a bad tune which results in your blowing your motor you don't have anything to worry about.

OP
G
Thread Starter #15
Very interesting. I have never really modded a car past exhaust and suspension work before. I have never messed with a lot of the tuning stuff and am kinda dumb about it. The Cobb tuner would probably not affect the warranty I am guessing. Also, do you need an extra tune after the Cobb is installed?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Very interesting. I have never really modded a car past exhaust and suspension work before. I have never messed with a lot of the tuning stuff and am kinda dumb about it. The Cobb tuner would probably not affect the warranty I am guessing. Also, do you need an extra tune after the Cobb is installed?
Cobb sells their Access Port tuner with an off the shelf tune. 2jracing will be offering their custom Cobb tunes in the future http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...wl-Induct-Intake?p=16408&viewfull=1#post16408

Yes,Cobb has come out with there own maps,right there is the stock version100 tune in 91 or 93,or the version101 in both as well. You can also purchase software to customize your own tunes if you like. Check out there website all the info ya need is there.

-ry

Congrats on your 2015 Fist purchase your going to love the car. As some said simple upgrades like an intake AP and exhaust really make this car more amazing than it already is. I only have an intake but everyone that has the AP too really say it's a great upgrade and for $500 and the new v101 91 and 93 tunes are like 10 minute upgrades and seem very easy to do. It will definitely be my next upgrade for sure. I also understand your decision in trading in the evo my buddy had one that spent more time in his drive way apart, when it ran it was a monster but it rarely did. Good luck with it when it arrives and welcome to the forum there's so many great knowledgeable people here always willing to help out.

me32

1000 Post Club
welcome and congrats on the switch to ford. post some pics of your ride