Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EcoBoost 1.6L Dry Sump Kit

I just dont see this chassis going hard enough to need anything more than a pan baffle, but maybe thats just me.

In a Formula 3 or something like that, different convo.

I just dont see this chassis going hard enough to need anything more than a pan baffle, but maybe thats just me.

Looks like they intend on this being used on an Caterham running the 1.6 Ecoboost. Those things are scary enough with 100hp, can’t imaging what it’s like with the Fiesta engine.

The Rally2/R5 WRC Fiestas are not even allowed to use a dry sump by the rules, and those things pull some insane g's on the many hairpin turns/switchbacks they get put through on the world and Euro tarmac rallies on gumball tarmac tires.

Only the top tier Rally 1 factory rides are allowed to use dry sumps, along with other block and head mods, disallowed in the lesser classes, to the factory based engines.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

Our engines were used virtually stock in the Formula Ford Racing series, with a dry sump added.

WannabeST

Very cool product and very well priced. But I doubt this will do high numbers in sales. The amount of people that even track their fiestas is very small. The amount that push it hard enough to need this is even less. I haven't seen many people report oil pressure issues, I suspect the bigger benefit would be in being able to drop the engine lower in the chassis. but like mentioned above, this is probably meant for people using this engine in other chassis.

I have been considering getting one as a piece of mind, but there are couple things i don't like about it, it still relies on the OEM oil pump to pump the oil around the engine, this thing only has scavenging pumps, and if i were to get a dry sump it would be to get the oil pressure up at 8500+ rpm, which this thing does not help with. And it also replaces the aircon compressor, so that's not great either, for a road car anyways. Overall a good price for a nice product for some people no doubt, but not for me.