Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Crossover pipe noise

Hi, does anyone have an awful noise coming from behind the dash, ie the crossover pipe, after changing the stock ford one with an upgraded one? Mountune in my case. It sounds ridiculous. Like an echo/grate noise lol. Get the revs to around 2000 and it just groans. No doubt the sound echoing inside the now metal pipe. Jeez I’m gonna’ have to get the Ford one back in! No loose bits etc etc I’ve had it checked. Just an awful awful noise. Even took off the ITG filter and put the standard airbox back on, still this terrible noise.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Sounds like something wrong. Crossover itself will increase turbo spool noise a very small amount but otherwise should be unnoticeable.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Sounds like something wrong. Crossover itself will increase turbo spool noise a very small amount but otherwise should be unnoticeable.
Think you’re right, have to book a 40k service, will take the mechanic up the road in it so he can hear it for himself. Other than the noise it runs perfect, uses no oil, temps ok, fuel economy. Passed a recent MOT etc. 🤷‍♂️👍

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Think you’re right, have to book a 40k service, will take the mechanic up the road in it so he can hear it for himself. Other than the noise it runs perfect, uses no oil, temps ok, fuel economy. Passed a recent MOT etc. 🤷‍♂️👍
Do you have any videos that capture the noise you can share?

Hi, does anyone have an awful noise coming from behind the dash, ie the crossover pipe, after changing the stock ford one with an upgraded one? Mountune in my case. It sounds ridiculous. Like an echo/grate noise lol. Get the revs to around 2000 and it just groans. No doubt the sound echoing inside the now metal pipe. Jeez I’m gonna’ have to get the Ford one back in! No loose bits etc etc I’ve had it checked. Just an awful awful noise. Even took off the ITG filter and put the standard airbox back on, still this terrible noise.

If you were stateside, I'd say you should probably just get rid of it and go back to stock. Oh, and I'd kindly do you the favor of paying to take it off your hands :p