Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Creaking noise from front wheel

Hi, I’ve noticed a creaking noise coming from my passenger side front wheel area and can’t for the life of me seem to figure out what it is! (See video)

just recently changed the front discs and pads about a day ago and noticed this noise starting after a few miles, don’t know if it’s just a coincidence or what but it only seems to do it when turning the wheel towards the right…I’ve taken the wheel off, calliper off, made sure nothing obvious is catching /loose etc but still no luck in fixing it.

just generally sounds like something metal is catching whilst turning but was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or any ideas on what it could be!?

https://www.fiestastforum.com/attachments/fullsizerender-mov.47208/

TIA

Last edited:
Heatshield / dust shield either that or the pads aren't seated with the anti rattle shims in.

Does the noise go when you touch the brakes?

OP
JXM3ST
Thread Starter #4
Heatshield / dust shield either that or the pads aren't seated with the anti rattle shims in.

Does the noise go when you touch the brakes?
checked the dust shield, no signs of it touching the disc and the pads seems to be sat fine in the shims

noise is constant and there is no change when braking

Did you clean the hub face when you fitted the new discs and clean out the pad carrier?

Failing that ... have a look at the CV joint dust boots.

OP
JXM3ST
Thread Starter #6
Did you clean the hub face when you fitted the new discs and clean out the pad carrier?

Failing that ... have a look at the CV joint dust boots.
Yeah I cleaned all that stuff, will have a look at the CV joint during the week, from what I’ve read online that could be the problem just seemed like a bit of a coincidence it started after changing the disc and pads. Thanks for the response

Wheel bearing? Unbolt the whole brake caliper where it connects to the hub and then see if you have a bunch of play in the hub. It’s hard to tell if your bearing is toast with the caliper attached.

Fiestig

Just thoughts.. Did you pull the brake line from the strut clip and forget to put it back in? I had something similar on FiST #2. Metal portion of the brake line was tapping the holder away from the rubber piece that is inserted into the clip. Make sure that your end links are not loose.

OP
JXM3ST
Thread Starter #12
Just thoughts.. Did you pull the brake line from the strut clip and forget to put it back in? I had something similar on FiST #2. Metal portion of the brake line was tapping the holder away from the rubber piece that is inserted into the clip. Make sure that your end links are not loose.
I didn’t pull the brake line out of any clips but I will double check it, thanks