Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cooling system upgrade advice

Currently going to fully upgrade,

-mountune triple radiator,
-hoses misimoto red color
-water pump, Tensioner, and gasket (oem),
-timing belt from (napa Autoparts),
-thermostat and gasket (napa auto parts),
-serpantine belt (napa auto parts)
-Zerex Cooling System Antifreeze Coolant Ready 50/50 orange (napa auto parts)
Contemplating on returning napa parts and getting OEM, should i do this?
And is that antifreeze okay with that new mountune radiator?

2016 mk6 Ford fiesta ST

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
View attachment IMG_0952.jpeg

Old one was probably the reason for overheating, still working on car, another expense is the torque solutions rear motor mount going in as well as passenger side “diamond Motorsport. Also we got an Oriellys thermostat hosing with the thermostat all in one

I would have probably gone for the Motorcraft thermostat but I have not needed to replace mine so I don't have strong opinions. What makes you think you need to "upgrade" your belts and pumps?

I avoid Mishimoto parts like the plague.

The Zerex Orange coolant is just Dexcool iirc. It is fine, but if you're doing a whole flush and replace of everything I'd get the new OEM stuff. I'm personally running the Prestone Platinum All Vehicle with no issues, I remember reading at the time that it's equivalent to the new Motorcraft Yellow.

OP
N
Thread Starter #6
I would have probably gone for the Motorcraft thermostat but I have not needed to replace mine so I don't have strong opinions. What makes you think you need to "upgrade" your belts and pumps?

I avoid Mishimoto parts like the plague.

The Zerex Orange coolant is just Dexcool iirc. It is fine, but if you're doing a whole flush and replace of everything I'd get the new OEM stuff. I'm personally running the Prestone Platinum All Vehicle with no issues, I remember reading at the time that it's equivalent to the new Motorcraft Yellow.
Yes I mostly try to go OEM on most parts but to save time and in the moment I needed parts fast! Hopefully my decision doesn’t screw me over in the long run. I figured I’d change everything out because it was overheating at a still and I hit 145k miles on it. Got the bad boy with 12k I put some miles on it (mostly highway) so, might as well do all belts, thermostats, radiator hoses. My friend told me the passenger motor mount worn out so I decided to get a good one. I found the Torque solution rear one cheap and said might as well too. I’m putting in pricy parts I want this little guy to last me another 5 years without any problems. I’m keeping this car forever.