Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Continental ECF experience/ Feedback

WannabeST

Alright everyone,

Basically I'm looking for feedback regarding any experience with the Continental ECF tires.

I know these are made in collaboration with Hoosier and they are made around endurance racing but that is about all I know.

Long story short - I got an email today offering me a potential Continental tire ambassador roll which will include commission based on sales generated via discount code. I saw some mentions of the ECS tires but I am more interested in the ECF since it will apply to me a lot more with track days and my general following on various socials. This would be my first time getting any sort of sponsorship/ brand deal and I do not want to push a product that I do not like/ believe in.

I already sent a response explaining I can't run their tire in Gridlife since the RT660 is the spec tire but I could run their tires on street, instruction days and NASA TT6 days (which will start late this year or early next year)
Any feedback on this tire/ brand is appreciated. I would rather spend my own money than take a check for a rip off.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I looked into them and they def dont offer our size in 17s. In 16 they do offer them in 205/45/16 which some could use but I think most like to do a 215 width.

OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

Thread Starter #3
I looked into them and they def dont offer our size in 17s. In 16 they do offer them in 205/45/16 which some could use but I think most like to do a 215 width.
I didn't even consider checking the other available sizes lol. I probably should have done that first. I saw they had my 205/50/15 size and multiple sizes for my mustang. It completely flew over my head. I'll be asking them if those sizes are planned to be produced at all.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I would buy them if the sizes were more convenient to our little oddity. I love continental tires. Used the DWS for 3 sets on a focus and using the pure contacts now on a crz.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Brand is good. This car coming stock with Summer tires, forced me into getting Winter tires. Had such positive experiences abusing the 215/45/R17 WinterContact tires, after some particularly bad experiences with Cooper brand I decided to give Continental's all seasons sets a whirl. Running all season ExtremeContact 215/45/R17 on my stock 2016, I will have burned through the fronts in about 14 months LoL. (...most of my miles go to the motorcycle so this does a lot of sitting) Great performing tire. Heavy and wears fast.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The ECFs seem to have a great rep on all of the you tube 'endurance 200TW tire' reviews, with many claiming that they have the grip of the Yok AD09s with slightly better wear/longevity.
They are NOT going to stick like your RT660s!! [nono]

They are the ONLY >00-50 <-(Hoosier A7/R7) tread wear model open track tire which offers a 225/40-17 size, even though that is still too tall for most on here to use.

The main thing I don't like about them, and this is my own personal 'hang-up/pet peeve obsession' is that they run ridiculously narrow tread widths for any given size (even when the overall width/section width is normal or even slightly wide for a given size), but then so do the RE71RS, and RT615+ as well.

But grip and response with decent wear are grip and response with decent wear, so I guess it does not matter functionally how effing pathetically narrow (visually/aesthetically) the actual tread width is on any given track tire? [dunno]