Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb intake box

Recently purchased a 14 that has all the Cobb bolt ons already. The intake seems very nice however I would like to have the filter area open to get better sound from the car, with the Cobb intake is there anyway to expose the filter? I have not messed with it yet but it appears there’s a top built into the pipe to close it off. Any suggestions or help would be great.

Attachments

Recently purchased a 14 that has all the Cobb bolt ons already. The intake seems very nice however I would like to have the filter area open to get better sound from the car, with the Cobb intake is there anyway to expose the filter? I have not messed with it yet but it appears there’s a top built into the pipe to close it off. Any suggestions or help would be great.
Honestly I would leave it as is. Yea you may get a hair more intake noise by exposing the filter but you’ll also be losing horsepower due too the heat soak that you’ll be acquiring. If you really want to hear the intake get yourself a 2J cowl intake. That you will definitely hear.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Honestly I would leave it as is. Yea you may get a hair more intake noise by exposing the filter but you’ll also be losing horsepower due too the heat soak that you’ll be acquiring. If you really want to hear the intake get yourself a 2J cowl intake. That you will definitely hear.
Yea I’m familiar with the 2J from my focus days and that’s too much lol I always ran an exposed filter on my focus and the sound was great. Just curious about modifying this top of the Cobb box mostly or just replacing the intake if need be