Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal stuck half way occasionally

So just tonight I found my clutch pedal got stuck half way up when I had held it in for a while my friend had a similar issue but his just dropped straight to the floor i have no weird sounds coming from the transmission and no visible fluid dripping from the bell housing could it possibly be my master cylinder? I know it’s more common to be a slave issue but i don’t see why there would be anything wrong with it

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The slave cylinder gets a leaky seal and bleeds pressure back when being held down. It will gradually get worse over time.

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
The slave cylinder gets a leaky seal and bleeds pressure back when being held down. It will gradually get worse over time.
You think it will make it another week of driving my commute to work is all highway and i gotta wait for the parts to arrive

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You think it will make it another week of driving my commute to work is all highway and i gotta wait for the parts to arrive
We're at about a year since it started doing it and only now is it getting bad enough that I'm going to get it replaced. You get pretty good at feeling when it's going to do it and slipping your toe under the clutch to pop it back up. And putting the car in neutral as you come to a stop so you can keep your foot off the clutch.

This happened with mine exactly two times when i bought it, and then never did it again with two more years of driving. But yeah, its probably the slave cylinder.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We're at about a year since it started doing it and only now is it getting bad enough that I'm going to get it replaced. You get pretty good at feeling when it's going to do it and slipping your toe under the clutch to pop it back up. And putting the car in neutral as you come to a stop so you can keep your foot off the clutch.

Mine has been doing this sporadically for the better part of 3 years now, and NEVER when the ambient temps are below 60*F (not even in stop and go traffic jams).

Ironically, today it was in the mid 90s here (but almost desert dry), and even in stop and go traffic, it did not do this one single time at all, when I was expecting to have to do the clutch pedal 'footsie slide' thing on every shift, given the torrid weather. [dunno]

This is what makes me think that my problem could very well be the; water laden, over-cooked, aerated, 8 year old brake fluid in the system, and not the (only) 45K mile (and NOT all of them stop and go/slip launching at high revs either!) slave (or master) cylinder actually going south. [???:)]