Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch bleeder nipple is wet after first time experiencing clutch pedal problems - bad bleeder?

My '15 is going on 109k miles and for the first time I'm experiencing clutch pedal problems. Twice now, the pedal has gotten stuck halfway up and was easily released with my foot. There's also a clear detent in the clutch travel now.

There was no fluid leakage at the clutch pedal or master cylinder. I got the car up on ramps to inspect the lines, the underside of the brake master cylinder, and to bleed the clutch when I noticed that the clutch bleeder nipple and rubber cover was wet with brake fluid. There was no sign of brake fluid dripping down from the bleeder or any of the lines. The clutch has never been bled or replaced. I'm assuming this isn't normal right? I ended up not bleeding the clutch, just in case I have to find a replacement bleeder first.

Attachments

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Your clutch pedal sticking is likely unrelated to the bleeder being wet. It's a common problem with the Fiesta and Focus and it's from the slave cylinder (unfortunately inside the transmission) sticking.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Your clutch pedal sticking is likely unrelated to the bleeder being wet. It's a common problem with the Fiesta and Focus and it's from the slave cylinder (unfortunately inside the transmission) sticking.
I figured I'd probably end up having to replace the slave cylinder although I found a write up on one of the Fiesta forums saying to bleed the clutch first as you might get lucky.