Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young L

speaking of the 4g61t. It came with a td04 mistu turbo. Guess what the new golf r comes with stock? Lol. Td04 mistu turbo. Guess what turbo i've had on a shelf for my fiesta for 3 months...... Td04. Its 30 years old, and still better than our new hotness "low-inertia " kp39
wait ! Hold on! Why have you not talked about this before!?!?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #982
Not for sale turbo upgrade.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5450

This has been in the works for a while for me. But the guys in the shop really wanted to see me hit 300whp and knowing I was going to need some type of fuel help, I ordered all the meth injection stuff. I got super busy with orders and just stored all the parts up. Then it was like, "well... Doing the external gate for the TD04 anyway, doing the direct port meth for the TD04 anyway, may as well show people what the cyborg can do if you really push it". So I did. And now I have :)

To be honest though... I'm not going to mess with the TD04 just yet. I have a garrett core intercooler coming soon, I am going to order mistumoto's cold pipe and I still need to add an LED and fail safe to the boost control for when the meth runs low. So I have plenty to do to my car ( on top of still bleeding the brakes ). And more than that, I have a customer I'm supposed to install his external cyborg ASAP as well.

So I have plenty to do, and I'm just REALLY, REALLY enjoying the way the car drives right now. In my world, this is as close to balanced daily driver with power that I'm going to get with a 1.6L. Sure I can make more power with my TD04 or a much more expensive setup, but I just love the way the car drives around RIGHT NOW. It has most of that stock response that just pulls every where I go, and the boost doesn't freak out and hit 24psi at 1/2 throttle or anything weird. It drives just awesome. And when its time for power, it has it. On a V-dyno this morning in much warmer weather, and a 600rpm earlier starting point on the V-dyno, it made 300ft lbs of torque at 3440rpm. And that's not a sales pitch, that's just me explaining where I am personally with the car. My buddy two tool boxes down from me owns a DHM tuned GTX2867 focus ST ( off the fastest focus ST in the country currently before that guy's new setup goes on, its already made 518whp ). So its not like I'm going to be hunting big turbo focus's from a roll or anything, regardless of the TD04 or not. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy what you've done for a while and look at other things besides more power ( lol, yea right ).

I do have a friend that is going to sell me a set of 24.5x8x15 slicks because he put viper brakes on the front of his SRT4 and they no longer will bolt on. I just need some wheels to mount them on... It would be nice if I got to run the cyborg on slicks before the cool weather leaves Florida in about 3 weeks. Even that is no 100% of ET's or speed because slicks that time and track days to dial in with launch control and tire pressures. Very little doubt this car will go in the 12's though.

Young L

that's right I forgot about that other thread....... IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME. Cyborg is on the top of my list when I get stateside next year, keep up the good work!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #985

Men..... Come with me.

Boys..... Keep posting on the internet.

Lol

Siestarider

I finally understand why our engine does not have beautiful camshaft covers. And will watch from sidelines thanks.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #991
Long story short, I was changing the valve cover gasket ($6). It was easier and faster than I expected.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #997
How did you get a camera in there? Also, I think you have a problem.
About 16 videos and 2 burns worth of practice.

Ironically, and truely unrelated. I got a smoke'n deal on a spare motor Friday to use for mock-up on my volvo turbo setup.

So...
Time to start asking questions bout porting cylinder heads for DFI engines.

The good thing about DI is that the intake ports are dry flow. You don't have to worry about fuel separating out of the flow.

Exhaust should be the same as anything else (turbocharged).

Status
Not open for further replies.