Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #941
Well... Get the starting issue fixed :)

Is an AFR of 9.8 bad? Lol. Control STARTS to ramp on at 20psi and its at full spray at 35psi :0

Of course I don't get to 35psi... Only 29.13psi

Poor fiesta.... I got 4 SUPER clean valves now I bet, lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #942
53 degrees outside ( not 39 degrees like the other morning ).
100% same tune, no timing difference, no boost difference 100% the same tune.

This is a 3rd gear and 4th gear pull.

This shows how the AFR just nose dives rich, lol.

Anyone like to limbo ? Fat boy...

256whp around 6500rpm both pulls 3rd and 4th.

53 degrees outside ( not 39 degrees like the other morning ).
100% same tune, no timing difference, no boost difference 100% the same tune.

This is a 3rd gear and 4th gear pull.

This shows how the AFR just nose dives rich, lol.

Anyone like to limbo ? Fat boy...

256whp around 6500rpm both pulls 3rd and 4th.
Impressive man... Is the 29psi ur seeing a result of the cyborg? Or is it u tuning it and punching in. Parameters to make it boost that high? Or is it that the cyborg allows urs to safely boost that high? Cause inwanna ask my tuner to bump up the boost to like 26psi is that dangerous on the stocker?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #944
I've ran 29psi on the stock turbo at 3,000rpm, but I would hardly recommend it at all. What CAN a turbo do and what SHOULD a turbo do, is two different things.

The cyborg lets it keep making power while running higher boost. The stock? I'm really not the right person to ask honestly, I've had the cyborg longer than I've owned the car with a stock turbo on it.

Just tapping at peak boost number is one thing, but to make the boost and continue have power is something different. With the stock turbo, it around 5400rpm it becomes a game of timing adv over boost to make power.

26psi then falling quickly would be on prob. But holding more than 18~psi on a stock turbo ( maybe 20?) is prob a bad idea. But again, I've actually never ever tuned my car on a stock turbo...

I've ran 29psi on the stock turbo at 3,000rpm, but I would hardly recommend it at all. What CAN a turbo do and what SHOULD a turbo do, is two different things.

The cyborg lets it keep making power while running higher boost. The stock? I'm really not the right person to ask honestly, I've had the cyborg longer than I've owned the car with a stock turbo on it.

Just tapping at peak boost number is one thing, but to make the boost and continue have power is something different. With the stock turbo, it around 5400rpm it becomes a game of timing adv over boost to make power.

26psi then falling quickly would be on prob. But holding more than 18~psi on a stock turbo ( maybe 20?) is prob a bad idea. But again, I've actually never ever tuned my car on a stock turbo...
Thanks dude you always respond so quick to questions and with great knowledge. Plus u seem like a really cool guy. Thanks buddy

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #946
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Bonk...

267whp at 6500rpm

Kissing the limit of the stock map which is 29.4psi I believe.

I went back to my old tune that was running out of fuel a few weeks ago on E30 at 5800rpm. Then I removed 400psi of pressure from the HPFI rail. And I made the targets all around 11.0-11.40.

Like Adam warned me, the stft really bad. It pretty much pegs the adjustment at -29% once the meth comes on.

I'm gonna lower the AEM pump's pressure and if that doesn't calm it down a bit, I guess the 5th injector will have to be benched for the time at least... Meth controller settings are both still maxed out on the slow side ( on at 20psi, full at 35psi ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #948
Just looked again, and one my tune ( the one that runs leans without meth ), the stft isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

If I had wifi at home, I'd be posting this stuff on datazap. But by the time I get to a point that I can upload them on wifi, they are out dated and no longer relevant.

But the stft is only -18% at 6500rpm. And peaks around -23%.

The angry-ness comes when I let off... I'd bet a cheese nip cracker that its shooting flames...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #953
Wow, that is getting exciting.
Its made 284whp on the V-dyno before ( last year ) on a el-cheapo wmi kit. But when the pump died, I couldn't afford to replace it. Until recently, I've been saving my cyborg pennies, and I dropped around $850-$900 total on this big setup I have now. Now, its just a matter of tuning it.

Its 51 degrees here now; supposed to be cold tonight, so... We'll see.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #957

More power.... But it did pull some timing around 6200rpm ( after it made peak power ) then tapper down to like 265whp or something like that.
The leanest it went at the end of that pull is 11.5, so the dive before that is all richer than 11.5.

Still having a hard time getting the fuel out now. I've reduced the meth pump pressure and I'm still dropping the DFI rail pressures too to try and make them happy together... But they ant listening to me at all. But I think the 9th injector will end up being voted out of the big brother house.

Had a "fore head smacker" earlier. I have a plug for the 9th injector for the charge pipe, but how was I supposed to plug the T-fitting after the solenoid? Duh.... Cut a new 5" piece or hose and remove the entire T-fitting all together between the solenoid and the dist block, lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #958
PS: I really wish I had a DHM fmic tonight !! Lol. Or a mistumoto cold pipe, lol. 9hp makes a big difference to a lot of people, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.