Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #921
Are you tuning for it this lean on purpose? I know you can run a little more lean with E-Blends and a bit more timing as well. Though if it were my car I would be wary.
The tuning is still being ironed out. Its actually a lot better than it was, it was going into the 14 AFR area. Like I said, its got a waze to go :)

But 12.0-12.40 on the too side ant too bad really.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #922
Actually Rick, I went pretty heavy on the injector size. AEM's chart based on 50/50 mix says I should be looking at 771cc of injector at 25+ psi. But being as I'm running 100% meth, you can pretty much double it to 1500cc. Each injector I have is 250cc per cylinder. MikeST is the first and only guy I've seen run this type of setup and he used 310cc injectors, but had a much bigger turbo. My 5 ( or 9th depending on your point of view ) is obviously adjustable. I'm prob going to run it as small as I can.

Running 8? Prob out of the question. #1 because one or more of the injectors is blocked by the valve cover shape ( at least in one spot ). But I think most people could get away with just a straight up duel nozzle AEM kit.

I can tell you this already.... That intake spacer is way way way more of a pita to install than its lead to be. The tool list is WAY WAY too "generalized". If not for fueling, no way I'd recommend that spacer based on what it is alone for the pita it is... I guess if you really wanted it for looks....

I tried to get shots of my valves, and they were dirty, but nothing like some of the nasty ones I've seen, but of course, 10 months ago I ran a lot of meth through it before my POS $200 perron PWM-2 craigslist kit took a poo ( it said in big letters "do not use meth", so I can't be mad at it ).

The tuning is still being ironed out. Its actually a lot better than it was, it was going into the 14 AFR area. Like I said, its got a waze to go :)

But 12.0-12.40 on the too side ant too bad really.
While you can tune for 12.0 to 12.4 like you mention it leaves a smaller margin for error. Such as a tank of gas with a slightly lower octane rating could lead to some detonation.
I for one like to to tune more conservative in the mid 11's as far as AFR is concerned. Obviously, for spool in the lower rpm's you can generate a quicker spool with a much leaner AFR.
So i tune for a lean ramp during spool and dumping more fuel as boost comes on.

Which spot gets blocked?

I'm thinking about running the Boomba Aux fuel and adding water injection to the remaining 4 ports just to do occasional valve cleaning.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #926
Wimp the two injectors on the right, imagine if they were one spot over. See where the valve cover is? They touch. I had to move them over to the left.

As for the AFR, its commanded to run 11.5-11.6 if it makes you guys feel better, but at this level, its not as simple as commanding and it happening ( if it was, I wouldn't need help tuning the fuel section ). This is after 1 single revision. Like I said... Its in progress

Trust me I know how difficult it can be. I have some experience. I had the fastest stock turbo srt4 in the country for a long while. I had a 500+whp evo8. My brother has a 9 second twin turbo mustang.
It's not my first rodeo. I just wanted to see if you were tuning for that AFR posted or if it's still a work in progress.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #928
Trust me I know how difficult it can be. I have some experience. I had the fastest stock turbo srt4 in the country for a long while. I had a 500+whp evo8. My brother has a 9 second twin turbo mustang.
It's not my first rodeo. I just wanted to see if you were tuning for that AFR posted or if it's still a work in progress.
I was the 2nd guy to go 11.9x on a stock turbo skittle "back in the day". I did it in a full weight 2960lbs car with no fuel return system back before you guys had all this nice ECU support, lol. But this new age bosch DFI stuff it a little rough to just free-style tune, lol.

My screen name on the srt4 forum was GLHtoo. I'm pretty much the god father of all those zillion "super stock turbo's" you see all over the place for the srt4 now. I sadly never got to external wastegate that car :(

I'm wiring the meth now,'so getting fuel OUT of it maybe the next challenge, lol

I was the 2nd guy to go 11.9x on a stock turbo skittle "back in the day". I did it in a full weight 2960lbs car with no fuel return system back before you guys had all this nice ECU support, lol. But this new age bosch DFI stuff it a little rough to just free-style tune, lol.

My screen name on the srt4 forum was GLHtoo. I'm pretty much the god father of all those zillion "super stock turbo's" you see all over the place for the srt4 now. I sadly never got to external wastegate that car :(

I'm wiring the meth now,'so getting fuel OUT of it maybe the next challenge, lol
Then you might remember muddyjeep from 2003 -2004 era. When the cars first came out. My father, Me and Steve. Steve's was the first 500WHP srt. My dad and I's were doing bottom 12's only a couple months after the car's even released.
Good ole' days.

EDIT: Our record was 12.4 at 119mph on the factory front tires.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Those little tabs blocking the injector position? I would just wack them off:)

I will just keep it simple and spray into the cold side pipe, this ugly little engine could use some love in the looks department but that is far less important to me than just making it work, be relatively fast and last:) (actually not that concerned with lasting, engines are cheap for these cars!)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #932
12.40 on stock tires is awesome !!
I used 24.5 M&H slicks. 1.69 60ft time was my best.

Everytime I took the car to the track ( which was a lot ) it drove home after a tire change.
Everytime I went of drag radials, it went home on a trailer.

Thinking about buying some slicks and running in the ecoboost shoot out March 3rd weekend.

And I do recall the name, but that's about it.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #933

It was animal from a roll on the bottle 409whp and 505tq.

I admit, this car is more fun. I take this car less-serious and more serious at the sametime.

Siestarider

Have to laugh at Rick's observation that our engines are cheap. 15 years ago engines with 150 hp/L on street gas were F1, maybe. (I am not dissing TF, those are a different animal entirely)

Now they come in tuned economy cars. Who says the world is not getting better.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #935
#1 I have confirmed it... There is no mod you can do to this car without taking at least 1 of the headlights out..
#2 I can never work on the car and NOT have to charge the battery after words... Also, TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT, lol, don't pump all the distilled water out of your tank without the engine running, your battery doesn't like it, lol.

twolf

#1 I have confirmed it... There is no mod you can do to this car without taking at least 1 of the headlights out..
Remember when I texted you the other day about my downpipe? Right afterwards, I knocked over my parts tray and every single fastener flew out into the engine bay. I got most of them back with the exception of 1 headlight bolt and the plastic phillips head rivet. Good thing it has that tab on the back of the headlights, so one bolt isn't a huge deal until I get a new one.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #937
Well... I screwed something up... Car won't turn over... First it said, "change the key fob battery" so I drove to work and got my spare key. Now it just straight up won't turn over and doesn't tell me anything...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Remember when I texted you the other day about my downpipe? Right afterwards, I knocked over my parts tray and every single fastener flew out into the engine bay. I got most of them back with the exception of 1 headlight bolt and the plastic phillips head rivet. Good thing it has that tab on the back of the headlights, so one bolt isn't a huge deal until I get a new one.
It's gone forever, bro. It's like losing the remote in the couch. It goes to a different dimension.

twolf

It's gone forever, bro. It's like losing the remote in the couch. It goes to a different dimension.
Haha I saw them fall into the bumper... kinda hoping I get them out when I do my IC install in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.