Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #901
Lol, well, sorry to let anyone down, but it was a bit of a false teaser.
I ordered my meth control solenoid like 3 months ago, and now its about time to use it, I lost it. So I had to order a new one, and they no longer sell the one I had before, so I bought one from nitrous express. I figured nitrous express had just a tiny bit of experience with solenoids, so I couldn't go wrong. But that's the only nitrous part on the car, lol. For now anyway :D

I'm sure it's been said before but again, what are the numbers for a stage 3 cyborg pro tuned? And a stage 3 cyborg e40 protuned? Thanks

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #904
This is my car on a stock turbo with E30 and all the cyborg bolt-ons, minus the actual turbo running 29.4psi peak.
Vs.
Same car, same weather, same tank of fuel WITH the cyborg turbocharger unit. ( stock intake box with cobb drop in, no meth injection, internal wastegate, no heat wrap or turbo blanket ).

I guess technically since I'm not a pro tuner, its not even "pro-tuned" and technically since I did not have a real cold air intake, its not "stage3"

More info and results on the very first post on this thread :)

This is my car on a stock turbo with E30 and all the cyborg bolt-ons, minus the actual turbo running 29.4psi peak.
Vs.
Same car, same weather, same tank of fuel WITH the cyborg turbocharger unit. ( stock intake box with cobb drop in, no meth injection, internal wastegate, no heat wrap or turbo blanket ).

I guess technically since I'm not a pro tuner, its not even "pro-tuned" and technically since I did not have a real cold air intake, its not "stage3"

More info and results on the very first post on this thread :)
Those numbers are almost what I got, Stage 3 with the cyborg turbo + E30 and running 26 psi I was getting about low 240 hp on the vdyno.

twolf

Do you run the heatshield on the manifold? it's not used with the DHM kit so I assume it's not super necessary, right?

I hate that thing, made doing the downpipe install a bitch.

With an EWG do you smell exhaust in the car? I had a small exhaust leak almost directly under where the driver seat is and I could smell it in car.

This thread is like a drug, any time I see a new post I get excited :)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Do you run the heatshield on the manifold? it's not used with the DHM kit so I assume it's not super necessary, right?

I hate that thing, made doing the downpipe install a bitch.

With an EWG do you smell exhaust in the car? I had a small exhaust leak almost directly under where the driver seat is and I could smell it in car.

This thread is like a drug, any time I see a new post I get excited :)
Sorry to jack. You can run the heat shield with the stock manifold. Id imagine that's it. All aftermarket ones are tubular and the heat shield won't fit. That's why you see a lot of people wrap the manifold. I'm thinking of bending up some metal to make a makeshift heat shield. Some say wrap will lead to weld cracks over time which is why I'm trying to avoid it. Ceramic coating is another option to lower under hood temps.

It is not necessary to run heat shield. It will make the temps under the hood rise though. I (think) with a 2J intake that won't matter much, I may be wrong though

twolf

I'm stock manifold and stock turbo and after dealing with the heatshield (I had to BEND it to get to the downpipe bolts) I was like .5 seconds from just taking it off and trashing it.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm stock manifold and stock turbo and after dealing with the heatshield (I had to BEND it to get to the downpipe bolts) I was like .5 seconds from just taking it off and trashing it.
I put mine in my parts bin when I did my downpipe. Like I said under hood temps went up but that's it

Siestarider

Heat shield definitely a PITA, I ran a week without it and had IAT increase, so put it back on.

I have SS's wrapped polished and ported header waiting to be mounted, will probably try wrapping intake pipe with reflective foil and see if IAT stays low without heat shield and with wrapped/blanketed manifold/turbo/downpipe. Can always put it back on.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #914
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

In case anyone missed it. Aquamist injector expoxyed in (the holder, not just the injector)

Bottom of the tank

Filter

To the pump

Bottom looking up to solenoid

Upper left-middle is the solenoid from the top

Splitter to aquamist injector and dist block

To the dist block

To these injectors

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #916
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Also... This is from this morning. I got Russ at DHM to help me out with the fueling tuning ONLY while leaving my tune open for me to mess up further myself :)

Anyway... It was 39 degrees this morning.
E30 fuel

Pretty obvious from the fuel curve, its a working progress. Low timing and the boost needs tweaked too ( as I was actually boost tuning when the fuel issue came up and I had to bail last time ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #917
In case no one spots it... That's 200whp at 3650rpm and drops to 244whp at like 6900rpm~
It can and will get better, but weather does play a roll with this turbo.

Ole yea... And it makes 200ft of torque from.... Start ~ 2500rpm to 6600rpm :0 with a peak of 300ft around 3800rpm.

This is with timing peaking around 14.5~ degrees. My E45-E50 tunes normally run in the 17-17.5 area of timing with slightly more boost on the topend. But again... I'm re-tuning for boost curve after getting the fuel worked out.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As always great work, innovation, implementation.......:)

Question, are there sprayers small enough to run 8 so each port can have one to help keep all the valves clean?

I noted the one on the cold side pipe which would cover all 8 ports but 4 would be getting most of the benefit so using 8 and not the cold side might be an option.

I have the AEM WMI kit on hand to install and quite interested in an 8 port sprayer setup for it so let me know:)

Are you tuning for it this lean on purpose? I know you can run a little more lean with E-Blends and a bit more timing as well. Though if it were my car I would be wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.