Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #881

Can you kind of see why boost tuning is a little different? The stock wastegate hole is the size or that dis-colored area in the center of the disk on the left. Of course the 38mm valve is on the right.

Adam, I'll be emailing you my last logs from E30~ later tonight, I only adjust rail pressures, rail max, lpfp pressure, lpfp voltage, and lpfp duty cycle. I'll send you the tune and as many logs as I can find that relate to my fuel issues :)

Thanx again !!

Its raining in Florida all day/night, so I didn't think I'd need my laptop today and I left it at home, and cyborg turbine housing needs my love this evening :)
Sounds good.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #883
Logs and tune sent [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]
Then my laptop froze lol

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #886
Well.... Adam got the fuel issue under control on E30 !! And its done nothing but rain on me tonight.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #887
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

The car ran great with Adam's help :)

But I'm trying to make it happy on my own. Much better than before, but its still leaning out a bit up top.

12.4 at its leanest point at 6350rpm

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
The car ran great with Adam's help :)

But I'm trying to make it happy on my own. Much better than before, but its still leaning out a bit up top.

12.4 at its leanest point at 6350rpm
That's wierd my car fuels 300whp on e30. Talk to adam. I highly doubt you maxed out the fuel system @260hp. I just went water meth for extra fueling as well but I am at the 3xxwhp mark running out of fuel (Im talking like 13.5:1 lean) I'm sure Adam can get it all on lock for you.

That's wierd my car fuels 300whp on e30. Talk to adam. I highly doubt you maxed out the fuel system @260hp. I just went water meth for extra fueling as well but I am at the 3xxwhp mark running out of fuel (Im talking like 13.5:1 lean) I'm sure Adam can get it all on lock for you.
As he mentioned above I did get it to fuel for him, but he can't edit the map I made for him. He is going to try and figure out on his own.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #891
Meth helps EVERYTHING, lol.

And Adam already proved he can get more fuel out of it. The issue is that he can't give me an open tune, and I can't lose control of my tune COMPLETELY. Cobb doesn't offer a middle ground solution like.... "Adam tunes my fuel, a few other things I'm clueless about, but sends me a file that is locked on those things, but lets me keep my launch control settings, timing settings, boost settings, boost per gear settings, burn out settings ( when it comes time ), charge temp vs timing settings and a bunch of other things".

I read where Straified came right out and said that I guess the core of a tune can actually me some what high-jacked. So just like I don't give out compressor wheel or turbine clip specs, Adam doesn't give out ( or sale, I tried ) tune specs. And I respect that. And I think he respects that I can't give up COMPLETE tuning control. So I'm either going to have to learn or figure out another way around it. Meth already fixed it.... Maybe instead of wasting my time tuning what I have, when I'm a meth head anyway, I should focus more time getting the meth setup installed. THEN the fuel issue should fix its self as least as far as the cyborg is concerned.

Adam pretty much let me know I'm gonna have a hard time making the car happy with 4 meth injectors, without a REAL tuner... I may have to settle for 1-2 injectors in the charge pipe again with a much much improved AEM kit as a base instead of a $200 craigslist kit from 2004, lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #893
There is only one solution, you have to marry Adam. Then you can tune together under one kimono.
Lol. I had no thought of that:... I do have health insurance and dental, so maybe we can work something out...

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Meth helps EVERYTHING, lol.

I read where Straified came right out and said that I guess the core of a tune can actually me some what high-jacked. So just like I don't give out compressor wheel or turbine clip specs, Adam doesn't give out ( or sale, I tried ) tune specs. And I respect that. And I think he respects that I can't give up COMPLETE tuning control. So I'm either going to have to learn or figure out another way around it. Meth already fixed it.... Maybe instead of wasting my time tuning what I have, when I'm a meth head anyway, I should focus more time getting the meth setup installed. THEN the fuel issue should fix its self as least as far as the cyborg is concerned.

Adam pretty much let me know I'm gonna have a hard time making the car happy with 4 meth injectors, without a REAL tuner... I may have to settle for 1-2 injectors in the charge pipe again with a much much improved AEM kit as a base instead of a $200 craigslist kit from 2004, lol.
I feel you on the tuning. When I went turbo i bit the bullet and let adam take over tuning for me. I hope you can get it all figured out!

I can vouch for the aem V2 kit as I installed it on my car this week. It was a super easy install and a really nice product. I got mine from [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]. So I got the tune+ ecoboost failsafe as well. Once my boomba throttle body spacer arrives I'll let you know how it all performs. From my initial impressions and install it's a really nice kit. I can't wait to spray it.

I can't wait to see the ewg numbers on water meth!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
There is more than enough fuel in the stock fuel system for E30 and your turbo with full bolt ons. I have made 300whp on E30 with the stock fuel system with room to go, just needs to be calibrated to do so. Like I said, I can help ya just drop me an email with your Racer tune file and I'll make the changes for you.

Meth is great, I just released a bolt in kit for the Ecoboost Mustang. Thinking about making a bolt in kit for the Fiesta too if there was enough interest.

http://adamtuned.com/collections/2015-ecoboost-mustang/products/tpwmi
Would be very interested in a bolt on meth kit :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just got my AEM kit and spark plugs from Adam, going to be a pretty easy install, bend some aluminum brackets, hook it up.....but having a complete bolt on kit is very nice for those that prefer it, I bet it will be great)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #897

Busy night.

Built an alum bracket for the AEM meth pump to put it in the fender well. I'll have more pics of it installed later when its daylight out.

Pulled the tank back out and painted the mild steel part of the bracket, as well as tapped the tank for the feed on the bottom and the AEM fluid level sensor. And leak checked it. Upgraded the mounting bolts from 7/16" bolts to 1/2" bolts purely because they fit the intake box grommets tighter. So that's all in

Picked up my 3" resonator from the welder. Had him tig on a V-band clamp and an extension for the muffler shop to weld to ( instead of trusting them to weld to the actual V-band flange its self ).

Just got home after another 16+ hour day and I gotte be up in 6 hours tomorrow, good night guys !!!

I'll reply to PM's asap tomorrow.

Siestarider

Wait, I am still trying to absorb meth injection/EWG Cyborg app, now nitrous? Some kind of mad scientist scene in Lakeland?

JasonHaven

I'm calling it now, page 20 is going to be a picture of his car shooting flames out of every gap in the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.