Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
My method always fails... I stay in it too long and end up with a burned tip...
I nearly dropped my phone while reading this in my "office" while hiding from my own 4 deductions. That would not have been fun fishing it out of the bowl! Man that was some funny stuff. [emoji2]

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #863
Any issues with the ewg and not running water lines to it? Know the picture you put up awhile ago said only needed for race conditions
I haven't had any issues... The knock off doesn't have the option at all anyway... Russ said its a great feature:.. No other wastegate on the market has it...

Lol, sorry Adam I know its bad, lol. I'm working on it. I have to get the boost oscillation figured out first.

Plus... I got a rude awakening last night...

I was waiting for my food, sitting in the car; and I thought, "I don't care what you got, this car's power delivery on 93oct is just insane, even if I don't add any more timing/boost, its just running awesome". And then I thought.... "I better double down on this being really 93oct". I was around 1/2 tank and didn't need fuel, but I just couldn't believe how awesome it was running, so I topped off with 93oct. And then... I just kicked in the nuts. I got a good amount of corrections...

My fuel story goes like this....
Try E45 fuel... No where bead enough fuel. Added 1.3gal to 1/2 tank of fuel ( 6gal ) to make appox E30.

Try E30: it still could not fuel the E30. So with half a tank again by that point, I topped off the tank completely with 93oct. I figured E30 divided by 2 is E15 ( vs most gas being E10 ). So I went on thinking its basically 94octane at best... Then just to double verify my fueling, I topped off the 1/2 tank again and got.... Frowny face.

So NOW.... I'm having no trouble fueling the car on REAL 93oct.

I just didn't think that little super diluted bit of ethanol would change anything and I was def wrong.

So... Back to the drawing board on pump gas...

Inspired to get my meth kit going ??

You bet.

I don't have enough fueling for E30 and I can't stand 93oct so... I only have one choice.... Add 5 injectors.

Adam, when I get into more trouble with the fueling/tuning, I'll def take you up on your offer and I'd love tips/pointers. Its pretty obvious that I'm not competing for your job as a tuner, lol.

Siestarider

And I was so excited by your 93 oct results.

Tried to follow your math with tanks and gallons, if you know the answer, send it to the SAT folks for their math test. I would have missed it. I have no idea what was great.

Is your conclusion that E15 is great and E10 is terrible? Or E20 is great and straight 93 (E0) is not? Or you accidentally hit the golden recipe but are not sure what it was? Making some assumptions I come up with E18 when you were happy happy. but my chance of being correct is about zero.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
And I was so excited by your 93 oct results.

Tried to follow your math with tanks and gallons, if you know the answer, send it to the SAT folks for their math test. I would have missed it. I have no idea what was great.

Is your conclusion that E15 is great and E10 is terrible? Or E20 is great and straight 93 (E0) is not? Or you accidentally hit the golden recipe but are not sure what it was? Making some assumptions I come up with E18 when you were happy happy. but my chance of being correct is about zero.
E18 the special cyborg fuel :p haha

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I use android software called e85 mix calculator to figure how much 91 octane and how much e85 I need to add to my tank. The hard part is calculating how much fuel is in the tank when the dash readout reads "30 miles til empty". What I did was create a graph of miles until empty and how many gallons of gas it took to fill the tank. I subtract this from 12.4, and this gives me how many gallons are still in the tank. 30 miles til empty is 1.5 gallons left in the tank, etc. I also have the ethanol analyzer installed, so I can check my results.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #867
I normally try to guess close, then load 5 different fuel config into the tune and then watch the stft and map switch until I get the stft into the +\- 3% range, then that means I'm running.... Fuel. Lol.

I didn't think with the fuel cut that many times that it warrantied ANY further thought. Wasted my own time and dispointed myself and others. Sucks. But... I guess I learned a lesson..

Siestarider

Maybe I can find guidance in my horoscope. LEO: Cooler weather is in your future, should be safe to add some 93 to your tank, but consult the oracle (SS) to avoid timing loss.

I use android software called e85 mix calculator to figure how much 91 octane and how much e85 I need to add to my tank. The hard part is calculating how much fuel is in the tank when the dash readout reads "30 miles til empty". What I did was create a graph of miles until empty and how many gallons of gas it took to fill the tank. I subtract this from 12.4, and this gives me how many gallons are still in the tank. 30 miles til empty is 1.5 gallons left in the tank, etc. I also have the ethanol analyzer installed, so I can check my results.
I measure my fuel level on my accessport for this very reason. It tells you down to the % how much fuel you have left. Multiply that % by 12.4 and it lets you know precisely how many gallons are left in the car. Then I use that e85 mix calculator app on my phone to whip up the math for me at the pump. It is so easy.

I measure my fuel level on my accessport for this very reason. It tells you down to the % how much fuel you have left. Multiply that % by 12.4 and it lets you know precisely how many galons are left in the car. Then I use that e85 mix calculator app on my phone to whip up the math for me at the pump. It is so easy.
Nice tip!
I was wondering how I was going to know how much was left in the tank, so getting a reading from the Access Port is a nice find!
Thanks!

I measure my fuel level on my accessport for this very reason. It tells you down to the % how much fuel you have left. Multiply that % by 12.4 and it lets you know precisely how many galons are left in the car. Then I use that e85 mix calculator app on my phone to whip up the math for me at the pump. It is so easy.
Which monitor is that?

I haven't had any issues... The knock off doesn't have the option at all anyway... Russ said its a great feature:.. No other wastegate on the market has it...

Lol, sorry Adam I know its bad, lol. I'm working on it. I have to get the boost oscillation figured out first.

Plus... I got a rude awakening last night...

I was waiting for my food, sitting in the car; and I thought, "I don't care what you got, this car's power delivery on 93oct is just insane, even if I don't add any more timing/boost, its just running awesome". And then I thought.... "I better double down on this being really 93oct". I was around 1/2 tank and didn't need fuel, but I just couldn't believe how awesome it was running, so I topped off with 93oct. And then... I just kicked in the nuts. I got a good amount of corrections...

My fuel story goes like this....
Try E45 fuel... No where bead enough fuel. Added 1.3gal to 1/2 tank of fuel ( 6gal ) to make appox E30.

Try E30: it still could not fuel the E30. So with half a tank again by that point, I topped off the tank completely with 93oct. I figured E30 divided by 2 is E15 ( vs most gas being E10 ). So I went on thinking its basically 94octane at best... Then just to double verify my fueling, I topped off the 1/2 tank again and got.... Frowny face.

So NOW.... I'm having no trouble fueling the car on REAL 93oct.

I just didn't think that little super diluted bit of ethanol would change anything and I was def wrong.

So... Back to the drawing board on pump gas...

Inspired to get my meth kit going ??

You bet.

I don't have enough fueling for E30 and I can't stand 93oct so... I only have one choice.... Add 5 injectors.

Adam, when I get into more trouble with the fueling/tuning, I'll def take you up on your offer and I'd love tips/pointers. Its pretty obvious that I'm not competing for your job as a tuner, lol.
There is more than enough fuel in the stock fuel system for E30 and your turbo with full bolt ons. I have made 300whp on E30 with the stock fuel system with room to go, just needs to be calibrated to do so. Like I said, I can help ya just drop me an email with your Racer tune file and I'll make the changes for you.

Meth is great, I just released a bolt in kit for the Ecoboost Mustang. Thinking about making a bolt in kit for the Fiesta too if there was enough interest.

http://adamtuned.com/collections/2015-ecoboost-mustang/products/tpwmi

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Go to your accessport and choose the "Fuel Level Input" choice to monitor.
Man, I've been doing it the hard way. Now I gotta figure out which of the 6 outputs on my accessport I'm willing to give up. I still gotta install the Tune+ IWG, then get some logs done before I switch over 100% to e30.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
id be in for that Meth kit. looking at picking one up right now actually.
I probably would be too, considering closest station with ethanol is a 45 min drive. I badly want to do an e30 tune but if meth is more readily available I'll consider going that route

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As mentioned on another thread some time ago E85 is not always E85, the one place I could buy it in Utah told me it was E70 at the most, sometimes less, I would guess on the safe side or as WestCoast does, run an analyzer to be sure.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #880
Adam, I'll be emailing you my last logs from E30~ later tonight, I only adjust rail pressures, rail max, lpfp pressure, lpfp voltage, and lpfp duty cycle. I'll send you the tune and as many logs as I can find that relate to my fuel issues :)

Thanx again !!

Its raining in Florida all day/night, so I didn't think I'd need my laptop today and I left it at home, and cyborg turbine housing needs my love this evening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.