Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is pretty "pre-mature" and I actually didn't figure the weight from my suitcase, chairs, complete fist turbocharger, and fist exhaust manifold that I picked up since the scales the other day...

Its still asking for timing !!! But I'm going to wait until I get my new plugs from Adam/tune+ before really starting to push it.... It is running a good bit of boost though, I can't believe its doing so amazing on pump has..

It still hurting on fuel though... Its about half a point lean above 6,000rpm
Nice! That V-dyno looks good! Did you figure out the EWG boost reference hook ups? I think I'm having issues with mine again, I might have burned through a hose though. I have the top port of Tial to atmosphere and side/bottom to intake elbow. Worked fine for a while but then power started getting weaker and Adam asked if I changed anything, so something is up. I was thinking of tapping into the turbo coolant line to cool the Tial too, the El Paso heat will be coming soon (it hit 71° today)..

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #843

This came in the mail while I was at the race this weekend. Great job [MENTION=2720]Adam[/MENTION] [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Just got back in town from helping my friend out with his twin turbo viper 1/2 mile cars.

Went to an event called

I spent some time watching as well.

We had traction issues all weekend really and didn't get the car hooked up until later today, even still, it went 212mph, just 1mph short of the record.

So... I've been working on my tune "here and there", but didn't get but one update this weekend for my car ( my car was 2 hours away, we took my ole lady's SUV ).

Anyway... Just did a 3rd, 4th, and a bit of 5th gear pull... ( I was inspired by seeing "the real cars" this weekend ).

93oct~ and its like 44 degrees out.
This is partly why I'm pushing the Fiesta so hard. It's hard to go to these events every other month, see these cars and NOT feel the need to push. Also, why I'm not impressed with a lot of cars anymore. The Viper was definitely impressive. We don't get many that go over 200. People think their car is fast until you go to a half mile event. If you're not pushing 150 in the half you're not fast... That's how I see it.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #845
The F430 went 150mph.
The stock hellcats were in the 153-152 range on drag radials.
Cherokee srt8 6.4L went 125-130mph.
So to put 60+mph of trap speed on top of a hellcat, that's a lot, essp when you realize its a REALLY REAL NON-prepped surface !!! Not a drag strip that is sticky in general with or without prepping. The viper didn't even use 90% of its power until 4th gear. One of the runs, it left 150 foot of black lines in 4th gear on its way to a 202mph run !!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #847
Also... I checked the logs and the very small corrections were during shifting.

Just double checked my new plugs for gap. 2 were at .026 and two were at .028. I evened them out, but they were pretty dang close, prob not enough to make a real difference.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #848

Out with the old, in with the cold.

Anyone know the correct bedding procedure to following after installing a new set of plugs on this car?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #851

Much warmer here in Florida today. It was 70 degrees out ( amazing day out for humans, crazy after Hijinx and I were suffering from hypothermia on Saturday at the air strip ).

Again... This still an on-going process, but the car really liked those plugs in the higher rpm, they are pretty much a requirement for a cyborg I think now. Someone give me a correct "@adamtune+" hashtag thingy, lol.

That 1/2 mile stuff gave me an idea. When I get my big turbo I might do a 1/2 mile event for my E-tuning data log pulls.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #854
That 1/2 mile stuff gave me an idea. When I get my big turbo I might do a 1/2 mile event for my E-tuning data log pulls.
Lol. You may not have an engine by the end, lol. Besides.... It was $250 per day to run. Worth it though if you gots the cash. Only issue is... Shen you ARE THE SHOW, you don't get to SEE THE SHOW.

Tonights entertainment

The local event is $200 per day. That is a lot cheaper than a speeding ticket.

If I can get Russ to tune between runs, I might be able to get a full 1/2 mile run around the end of the event.

It all depends on how many runs each driver gets. I have sent an email asking about these details.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #856

Can anyone else see what happens with the external gate opens up at 5200rpm? Back pressure.... BE GONE.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Any issues with the ewg and not running water lines to it? Know the picture you put up awhile ago said only needed for race conditions

Much warmer here in Florida today. It was 70 degrees out ( amazing day out for humans, crazy after Hijinx and I were suffering from hypothermia on Saturday at the air strip ).

Again... This still an on-going process, but the car really liked those plugs in the higher rpm, they are pretty much a requirement for a cyborg I think now. Someone give me a correct "@adamtune+" hashtag thingy, lol.
Your fuel looks like butt. Please email me your logs - info@adamtuned.com

Let me fix this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.