Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.

2006ser

Good freaking work this cyborg set up is perfect for us CA people that have all this emissions bs. Im saving nickels and dimes to get this. Or tax season is here so if I don't have to pay I'm getting this.

Siestarider

When I had a spare full race twin cam Lotus Ford engine, I put it in my library under a glass top and used it for a coffee table, tubular header, webbers/air horns and all. All that room needed was a Cyborg on the wall, I just did not know it. Now the engine with 3/4 cams is in my Lotus, and within a few weeks, Cyborg will be in my Fist. Hard to believe the Fist will have 100 hp more than the Lotus and engine weighs less, both Ford 5 main bearing 1.6L four cylinder blocks.

Makes me want to put a roll bar on the Elan and track it to see how quick it really is. Its agile and over 1000 lbs lighter, but Fist sets the overall tracking bar pretty high. That I could even wonder which is quicker is amazing.

Maybe if I put all the pipes on Cyborg it would make an interesting coffee table under glass. Mount a mirror to show off the port/polish job in manifold. Help Lotus be quicker.

Nah.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I was at Goodwin Racing in San Diego a week or so ago and got to look at a sweet little Elan with a Formula Atlantic 300HP engine in it, ever heard one rev, sex on wheels!

Why do you think I always do all I can to take weight out of a car, LOTUS and who was the man behind them, was them.....

--------------

I have had many thoughts about what this little FiST engine could fit into nicely, lots of thoughts, all good....

--------------

Great work as usual SS:)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #765
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Its very early but... This just happened...
4.5gal of E85 to a full tank of 93oct for fuel, no meth.
61 degrees outside temps.

31lbs per minute on 28psi. That's typically 310whp. ( but lets be real, its likely not a full 310whp, just saying, its never flowed that much in warmer day that I can remember, when the temps drop, the flow will increase and so will the boost ).

I've actually had it pull 31lbs per min before, but it was 42 degrees outside.

Need less to say, preliminary external gate testing is going well for me :)

I'd also like to add that my "bog" to 20psi spool up time improved as well.

Its actually been so long that I've done any tuning AT ALL, that I lost my laptop cord about 4 months ago, and haven't ordered one until 2 nights ago. So... No V-dynos ( its too early for that anyway ) and no datazaps/datalogs yet either. But as soon as I get my laptop charged back up and get a few minutes. I'll start sharing more info and setup details as always.

The way the car feels in 60 degree weather, I'm damn excited :)

Gotta get my dump pipe build asap too ( and wrapped ).

TempeST

What does everyones stock turbo flow at? Just checked mine and it hit 27lbs/min at 6600 and was climbing fast... But I had to stop the pull early.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #770
What does everyones stock turbo flow at? Just checked mine and it hit 27lbs/min at 6600 and was climbing fast... But I had to stop the pull early.
You run the stock turbo to 6600rpm? Ouch.

Most i saw in my stock turbo was 25lbs per min on a 33 degree night ( gotta realize, its very rare to see below 50 degrees here on average.

But i also was on a stock cooler and air intake too, its been 1.5 years or so since Ive been on this cyborg. I was impressed at how great the turbo felt wear-wise when I had it apart.

TempeST

Yes I do run it that high when I get logs. It's in the email when you get it from the tuners.

But ok, just wondering. Mine is seeing 27lbs/minute in 100 degree weather. Thanks for the quick response. Just trying to compare numbers to the cyborg so I can see the differences. It's still on my mind. I think about it daily lol

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #772
Ordered some plugs from Adam. My ole 37.5k mile stock plugs have prob seen better days, lol

Siestarider

My highest recorded flow on stock turbo was less than 23 lbs/min until I loaded Cobb V 220 S3, now I can hit 24+ lbs/min.

I have seen over 30 lbs/min on a few big turbo logs posted on Forum. Had no idea Cyborg had that potential. Amazing.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I think the highest I have seen with the stock turbo was around 22 lbs/min on pumaspeed stage 2+, J line IC, 3" exhaust and intake mods. 31 lbs/min with the cyborg is really cooking.

TempeST

This is my latest log, of RPM(gray), Boost(blue), Mass Flow rate(whitefish yellow)

@6600RPM the Mass flow rate is at 27.3lbs/min 22lbs boost

Stock Turbo
Mountune lower intake box
COBB intake
COBB Charge pipes
J-line intercooler
Deep racing Catless DP
COBB Catback
TUNE+ spark plugs
TUNE+ plus WGA

Attachments

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #776
I'll have some info later this week. I need to focus on getting some customer stuff done. But I get my laptop charger in the mail tomorrow, and then I can start logging,
But really,
Not much has changed since my last
Updates on page1.
Once I shift to the external gate, then maybe we can some new numbers without meth, and I'm really looking forward to WITH METH numbers.

Siestarider

This is my latest log, of RPM(gray), Boost(blue), Mass Flow rate(whitefish yellow)

@6600RPM the Mass flow rate is at 27.3lbs/min 22lbs boost

Stock Turbo
Mountune lower intake box
COBB intake
COBB Charge pipes
J-line intercooler
Deep racing Catless DP
COBB Catback
TUNE+ spark plugs
TUNE+ plus WGA
27.3 lbs/min is impressive, your hardware and tune obviously get on famously. What kind of hp does VDyno say you make?

TempeST

I do not know how to do the v-dyno I'll look it up and check it out. Thanks.

Look as if I will not be able to do the V-Dyno with my mac. I'm not very computer savvy lol :p if someone would like me to send them a log file let me know what to log and I will log and send it to them to do a v-dyno.

Cant wait to see your results SS!!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #779

Don't be jelly of that $7 parts store temp wastegate dump !! Lol.

Is that..... Two wastegates?? Sourskittle never rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.