Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #682
Glad you like it :)
I forgot it at home Monday morning, and now... Christmas Pownz me... Sad is it may seem, I may spend xmas working, I get the kids Christmas eve, but not Xmas :(
IDK.. My GF may not let me work either way, lol. But I want to.
I think Badhelp and siestarider were happy with theirs :)

Siestarider

Siestarider is very happy. Just beautiful work. It is really going to be tough holding off mounting the Cyborg before next track session, now delayed till Feb 16. One more try for personal best on stock turbo, then on to Cyborg.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Glad you like it :)
I forgot it at home Monday morning, and now... Christmas Pownz me... Sad is it may seem, I may spend xmas working, I get the kids Christmas eve, but not Xmas :(
IDK.. My GF may not let me work either way, lol. But I want to.
I think Badhelp and siestarider were happy with theirs :)
No rush man, enjoy the day off! Haha

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #686
No rush man, enjoy the day off! Haha
Lol, you would say that, yours is all but done, lol. I have guys waiting on me, never a good feeling for me. Keeping the wait times down is something I strive for, but with the group buy, I knew I was putting myself into a situation where I'd be putting in a lot of hours: good news is that I'm reinvesting a lot the profits toward making new cool stuff for later too. Some may workout, some may not :)

2006ser

Nice I would like to see what this set up can do with shitty ca 91 octane.. After the holidays this set up is on my books all I want is better power throughout rpms

Nice I would like to see what this set up can do with shitty ca 91 octane.. After the holidays this set up is on my books all I want is better power throughout rpms
I should have data for both E30 and 91 octane shortly after I get this puppy installed.

Siestarider

I should have data for both E30 and 91 octane shortly after I get this puppy installed.
Santa put mine under the tree, best Christmas present ever. I think its too pretty to hide behind a heat shield, may just let the really cool heat wrapping and turbo blanket do their thing without a shield.

I actually tried running without the shield last year, but it was excessively detrimental to intake temps. I am going to wrap intake with gold foil and try it again with the manifold and turbo wrap job SS put on.

I will watch your tuning progress with great interest. I have many things to accomplish before mounting and tuning mine, so it will be a while before I do. First thing is to continue working on exhaust noise to make it livable, its 3" all the way and I would rather work on sound control inside the cabin than restrict it.

jayrod1980

Wow I'm so upset I didn't get in on this... I always said I would go quaife before anymore power but if I upgrade it will be a cyborg. So an external wastegate is required?

TempeST

Jayrod, External Waste gate is not required, especially since you have the Tune+ WGA. that will hold the boost just fine. Worst case scenario you would need to tighten it up a little more but that would be it. your car is ready for this!

jayrod1980

Jayrod, External Waste gate is not required, especially since you have the Tune+ WGA. that will hold the boost just fine. Worst case scenario you would need to tighten it up a little more but that would be it. your car is ready for this!
Thanks for the info man! I have no problem giving my debt dollars to SS. I'm still trying to find someone in Vegas competent to do the quaife though. Quaife and cyborg (gotta finally get a DP if I go that route) would make power complete! I already love what simple bolt ons and Adams Turbosmart IWG do. It's some angry beavers under the hood!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #694
I highly recommend a catless 3" downpipe with a cyborg. The biggest downpipe that fits well and cost the least is the one I would buy. If I had to call one out, it would be the 2J race downpipe or the ATP catless 3". Both are reasonable in pricing, I've never heard of anyone having fitment issues with either, and both are catless 3". ATP maybe able to actually ship your DP faster since they are a big company with lots of stock most the time. 2J is cheaper but COULD take a week or two longer since they prob don't keep 50 downpipes in stock at a time.... Actually.... I need to check on the 2J racing FMIC thread to see where that thing is !!! Good night guys !!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #696
Cyborg upgraded stock Turbocharger system

Juss say'n.... Bout damn time. Lol.

Bluesprings ford? I order rotors and 12 other small things I MIGHT NEED, but really don't. So... They send me everything but the rotors...

KNS brakes... Sends me the fluid, the lines, and the porter-field brake pads?? Not in the box... (Edit, they are dropping shipping these from a 3rd location. They emailed me back on a Saturday, which is awesome ).

I'll give it to boomba, if nothing else,
They have fast shipping and everything is in the box...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Im getting to old to run a catless dp
Age is just a number ;) haha

You could run a catless DP and a well resonated cat back. I went this route on my old car (civic si) I always got love and props for being able to make a Honda sound deep and not riced out. I used an apexi noir muffler. It's an amazing product

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #698
I'm running a catless, non-resonator, but a 3 chamber flowmaster muffler, and its still too loud. I bought V-band clamps and a resonator, but haven't have time to get it put in

TempeST

My COBB cutback with Catless DP is still really tame. I have thought about making a section that will replace to the rear section, to use on the track and replace it back with the muffled section when driving on the street. I LOVE my Cat-less COBB, Its almost too quiet inside the car. but its perfect for me. I would highly suggest it to you if you don't want a LOUD exhaust.

But now were getting off subject. lol ;)

Still working on planning this mod SS, I do really want the power band of this Cyborg. but I need to prep the car a little more before I do. Keep up the good work, and the awesome products and customer service man.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #700
Pretty cool... I'm doing the samething on Saturday nights as my dad was doing 35 years ago...

Building "studs"

Status
Not open for further replies.