Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate control is bonkers after Accessport install

If I set it to auto, the fan runs on high. It didn’t do this before. Have you guys seen this? I’ve used Cobb APs on Subarus and have one on my Raptor and never saw anything like this.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
If I set it to auto, the fan runs on high. It didn’t do this before. Have you guys seen this? I’ve used Cobb APs on Subarus and have one on my Raptor and never saw anything like this.
Has nothing to do with your AP and everything to do with it just being our quirky HVAC system. It’s literally part of the whole blend door system that can and does fail at any given time if their is an achilles heel on our cars it’s in this area.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Fan speed is in part, dependent upon difference between ambient and programmed temp. If it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the cabin and you program it for 67, it'll run on high until it gets closer to the programmed temp.

There's also a thermistor in at least one or two of the vents that monitors the system's output temp.

So for example on a frigid morning, the fan speed isn't supposed to ramp up until the heater output temperature warms up a little. (to prevent it from blowing cold air on you when you first started it on a cold morning)

It'll also run the fan speed on high when set to "Max A/C" or Defrost modes.

OP
isis
Thread Starter #4
It was 74 outside and turning it up to 80+ did nothing to slow the fan speed. I can manually turn it down but auto is fooked.

OP
isis
Thread Starter #5
Has nothing to do with your AP and everything to do with it just being our quirky HVAC system. It’s literally part of the whole blend door system that can and does fail at any given time if their is an achilles heel on our cars it’s in this area.
Actually it works fine this morning so it probably was from not leaving the car off long enough before starting after the reflash. The AP said at least 15 seconds. But I get it, the system is well known to be quirky.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It's a software bug but with my 2016 if the fan is on manual control (at any speed) it'll blow air in your face for the first several seconds until the module finishes initialization and switches to the already selected vent settings. The workaround is just to set the fan speed on auto prior to shutdown. Not bothersome during the warmer months but when it's frigid outside it ain't pleasant to hop in and have cold air blasted in you face on initial startup.