Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CarPlay volume is all lever the place

So I get in the car, start playing CarPlay music. About 10 minutes down the road I decide to send a text. Press the button on the wheel, dictate the text and say yes to send.

Then the music comes back on at twice the volume. The music was quiet to begin with. The loud CarPlay music now matches what the radio volume is.

This also happens when I ask echo auto a question. It gives me the answer then the quiet music is not blaring but at the proper level of the radio.

In other words, CarPlay plays too low but getting Siri or Alexa to respond bumps it to normal.

Sound Check is off on the phone.
Speed related volume settings are off on the car.
The volume of Siri is cranked already.
Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon Music all do it.

Anyone else fighting this BS? No setting either changing it or disabling it makes a difference.

I still think this is a phone issue since I’ve seen other platforms complain about this. My current euro around is to get in the car and ask Alexa what the weather is as I warm up the car.

OP
cosworth
Thread Starter #3
Indeed it is but my sync version won’t affect other platforms having this problem. It has to be a setting that is universal to different manufacturers. Or to the phone itself.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It’s Amazon. Can’t remember what I did but I had the same problem which I fixed a year or two ago. Sorry not much help in terms of specifics, but you’re describing the exact issue I had. Distorted the sound quality and made it much quieter.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Speed related volume settings are off on the car.
Well that was my first thought. Poof that.

Must be the phone. I've never experienced this with my current or previous phone with the car, but my prior phone did start to do that with a BlueTooth speaker following an OS update. Couldn't fix it but rebooting the phone would provide temporary relief from the bug. Regarding my current and recently put-to-use phone, there was were some settings I had to tweak in order to allow BT devices to control the phone's media output volume. The stock setup was like having multiple controls for volume; between the app, the OS and the BT output.