Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CA Fiesta Owners and Smog Checks

hate to bring this back to the top for silly question - so I got my 15 in late 14, so we have 8 years ? I didn't know this, I held off s280 because I thought I was just waiting for the smog notice later this year ....

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
hate to bring this back to the top for silly question - so I got my 15 in late 14, so we have 8 years ? I didn't know this, I held off s280 because I thought I was just waiting for the smog notice later this year ....
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehic...y car is new.,that your vehicle is registered.

remember, even if you do the s280 after you get smogged, you'll have to keep getting smogged. Also, if a cop is a dick, they can send you to a smog ref where they go through everything with a fine-toothed comb. To me, major mods are just not worth it in CA

I dont think ill ever go BT in CA now.. which opens up my bov options to a ts plumb back or a ts veeport. (in case i change my mind) maybe hybrid?

I hate thinking about smog in ca

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I dont think ill ever go BT in CA now.. which opens up my bov options to a ts plumb back or a ts veeport. (in case i change my mind) maybe hybrid?

I think if I need a faster daily I'll just buy something faster, CA is working too hard to prevent us from enjoying vehicles. I'm all for keeping catalytic converters and running as clean as possible, but failing for an intercooler is ridiculous.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
I think if I need a faster daily I'll just buy something faster, CA is working too hard to prevent us from enjoying vehicles. I'm all for keeping catalytic converters and running as clean as possible, but failing for an intercooler is ridiculous.
You will not fail for an intercooler. :LOL: You could possibly fail for having a non stock downpipe. As far as Turbo goes it all depends on how hard the tech looks.
Ya I know you got sent to the referee because you made noise in Irvine . Moral of the story do not go to Irvine . Its a damn white washed boring place anyways:ROFLMAO:s
All I can say is anyone who owns a FiST bought in 18 or 19 still has 5-6 years of possibly fun time. I do not cower because of the idiots at CARB.
I will be buying another car with more power next year though I will not be getting rid of my FiST.

Nothings changed since when you were thinking about it a few months except you are letting the fear mongers get you.
If you have time before you are required to get a smog do it.
Most people do not go to the referee unless they are already getting pulled for obvious or stupid behavior . I.E. don’t run a loud blowoff valve run a plumb back. Don’t run an excessively loud intake aka 2jr or ITG . Don’t drive like a maniac in areas where you know there are cops and finally do not drive in IRVINE!:LOL:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I wonder what it would sound like if I got the st200 airbox and ran the symposer hose to the airbox... would I get the fun turbo sounds? that's all I want. No loud exhaust. I think at this point I'm running a tune, rmm, intercooler, crossover, hotside pipe, and a resonator delete.. but I just bought a loud intake because I wanted my bewwwwst sounds back. What's the point of a turbo car if you can't hear turbo-ness?

Also yes irvine sucks balls. Everything is a white lexus lol.

Mikey456

I wonder what it would sound like if I got the st200 airbox and ran the symposer hose to the airbox... would I get the fun turbo sounds? that's all I want. No loud exhaust. I think at this point I'm running a tune, rmm, intercooler, crossover, hotside pipe, and a resonator delete.. but I just bought a loud intake because I wanted my bewwwwst sounds back. What's the point of a turbo car if you can't hear turbo-ness?

I cut the bottom of the air box and used to run an ITG filter. It made the turbo sounds but it was too much for me (maybe better for you?)The standard filter went back in. Much better IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So... Anyone in CA smog their tuned FiST recently ?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ailed-ca-smog-test-for-modified-software.html

Poor corvette guy didn't even know his car was tuned because it passed the bi annual smog before the law change.
This has been discussed and its really quite simple. Either flash COBB’s OTS CARB approved Tunes., or Flash back to a stock tune on the car. Drive it around for about 50 miles to reset readiness for testing and go get tested. That guy in thread with the Corvette is fricken dumb ass. Its a simple solution situation and people in that thread told him what to do.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Before I went with the S280 I was running a crossover pipe a Mountune intake tube and a ST200 Airbox along with a Mountune J pipe and you could here the factory bpv all day long. Just enough to know it was turbo not enough to be overly obnoxious. People thought I had aftermarket blowoff valve.
My Turbosmart EM is actually a bit quieter but you here more Turbo whoosh now because S280 . Plus I have a Mountune Sportcat downpipe that added a bit more growl to the Thermal exhaust. It’s actually really nice sounding.
I would not want to route the symposer hose to the intake that sounds a bit wonky to do.

Nothings changed since when you were thinking about it a few months except you are letting the fear mongers get you.
If you have time before you are required to get a smog do it.
Most people do not go to the referee unless they are already getting pulled for obvious or stupid behavior . I.E. don’t run a loud blowoff valve run a plumb back. Don’t run an excessively loud intake aka 2jr or ITG . Don’t drive like a maniac in areas where you know there are cops and finally do not drive in IRVINE!:LOL:
honestly might just stop at fbo and run a plumb back for more psshhtututu

man.. i actually like irvine

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehicle-registration/smog-inspections/#:~:text=My car is new.,that your vehicle is registered.

remember, even if you do the s280 after you get smogged, you'll have to keep getting smogged. Also, if a cop is a dick, they can send you to a smog ref where they go through everything with a fine-toothed comb. To me, major mods are just not worth it in CA
Got it, thanks for the link, I should have searched myself. Looks like "model years" old. So the car is free to mess around for longer than I thought. - and you are right, but I hope that by the 8th year I'll have another solution for every day.