Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broken transmission

Hey guys I’ve recently had my transmission go out on my 2016 FIST. The shop sent back pics stating I’ll need a new transmission and it’s not rebuildable (pics attached). They said a used one from LKQ will run about $1700 and a $1000 for labor. Does that sound reasonable? Also are there any other good options on finding a used transmission for our car or a shop that rebuilds these types of transmissions? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The best options are Colby Clarke @ Clarke transmission for the Cream of the Crop* PUmapseed in the UK also sells decently used. Justin Price/ TIPS Performance on Facebook may also have one or two. Good luck!

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
The price is average. But I'm trying to recall another member saying something about a bulletproof transmission overhaul company..

The price is average. But I'm trying to recall another member saying something about a bulletproof transmission overhaul company..
I thought it was @Woods247 but might be wrong https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/woods247-brokefist-build.17303/post-507260

Anyways a search found this, which I found interesting: https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/rebuilding-the-transmission-in-my-2014-fist.22420/#post-399398

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Absolutely AVOID Pumaspeed transmissions. They sub them out and their contractor is below shit…

Clarke is who I used and would do it again. He’s not cheap though but peace of mind is nice. Just be sure to return your core. Colby is very honest.

Regarding $1000 labor, that’s about right. It takes a long time to drop and swap the transmission in this car. Don’t forget to install a new slave cylinder, clutch (and flywheel if needed) while you’re in there. It’s also a good time to drop in a LSD if you don’t already have one. Colby sells transmissions with them installed and ready to go. Wavetrac > MFactory if you’re tracking the car at all. MFactory is fine for daily rips.

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Just wanted to point out though this may not be relevant to many or any of you. but at about 60K miles we had our 8 speed trans services by a shop that uses the BG products line. Mind you we took the van to 3 different ford dealership and all would not service the van till 100K miles.. and this was absurd. Before the service and it's bene known that the TC's all have shuddering issues.. and we've expectance this several time,. But as of 1 month ago and since having the trans service with the BG products.. we've not experienced any shuddering issues. it would seem that the BG Products fluids have had a chance to work through the lines and cooler. at this point and now knowing Motul is on board, I'm thinking of changing the fluid again to the Low viscosity ATF fluid by Motul. Just another reason we'll be avoiding the dealerships from now on. my point here is to do your home work and try new products that will help increase the longevity of your trans and prolong any costly replacements in the future.